PBA class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKN16

Accepted Pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to see who out there is going to be attending PBA in the fall.

Please answer these questions ( it will help the thread):

1. Where are you from
2. Plans for housing
3. Male/Female
4. Age(once class starts)

I'll start...

Michigan... not sure....male.....22

Members don't see this ad.

From CA
housing...oh i have no clue
female

Hi,
I'm from Arizona. No plans for housing yet. Just turned 27 and female.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Florida. I will live in Martin County and drive everyday.:scared: I am 32 years old. I can not wait til school starts. See you all in the Fall. Female.

I am from Florida too. I will comute from Broward County. I am 34 years old, female.

I'm from FL too, but plan to relocate to West Palm Beach. I'm 23 years old and thinking of renting an apt close to campus.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

From North Florida
Planning to rent a condo, walking distance from school

I was thinking if we can get 10 students who are looking for housing, we can rent 4 or five condos, and we can deal with the owners for a lower price, since we will rent 4 condos and we will be there long term.

I will be heading down to WPB this weekend, and/or next weekend. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
sorry to get off topic but would any of you guys accepted this year tell me what your gpa and pcat scores were...because PBA is my no.1 school of choice (literally 10 minutes from my house) and I really want to get in there for the Class of 2014 but am afraid that my 3.28 overall and 2.91 science gpa might be a little too low.

Last edited:
sorry to get off topic but would any of you guys accepted this year tell me what your gpa and pcat scores were...because PBA is my no.1 school of choice (literally 10 minutes from my house) and I really want to get in there for the Class of 2014 but am afraid that my 3.28 overall and 2.91 science gpa might be a little too low.

For the past few years, the avg. gpa and pcat score was 3.4 and 70.

If you have any more questions pm me....

Anybody else??

I'm sure there has to be more ppl then this who are going to PBA.....

Hi, I'm from Florida...female..22.. and in the process of moving to a place closer to campus.

Hey everyone, just wanted to first say congrats on getting in to PBA. I was just wondering if at any time during your interviews did the Dean tell you about the current probation? I feel that this is something that he should have addressed and we don't really get any info about this (I'm a P3 now by the way).

As far as living situations go, there is on campus housing but I would definitely suggest to everyone to try and find a place off campus. There are a ton of rules while living on campus (curfew, no visitors of opposite sex, etc) and it's also very expensive. The places directly across from school (neighborhood housing) are hard to find, but there are some open places. There are also a lot of condos/apartments downtown within walking distance from school. If anyone needs help finding a place, I know a few P4s that are looking to rent out their place. Just pm me and I will do my best to help.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, just wanted to first say congrats on getting in to PBA. I was just wondering if at any time during your interviews did the Dean tell you about the current probation? I feel that this is something that he should have addressed and we don't really get any info about this (I'm a P3 now by the way).

As far as living situations go, there is on campus housing but I would definitely suggest to everyone to try and find a place off campus. There are a ton of rules while living on campus (curfew, no visitors of opposite sex, etc) and it's also very expensive. The places directly across from school (neighborhood housing) are hard to find, but there are some open places. There are also a lot of condos/apartments downtown within walking distance from school. If anyone needs help finding a place, I know a few P4s that are looking to rent out their place. Just pm me and I will do my best to help.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.

Thanks for your help.. Ya, the Dean did mention the probation part. Do you know what the current situation of the probation is right now? I thought there was going to be a decision coming soon..

Supposedly they met with the ACPE a couple days ago. But since it's summer, we haven't heard anything. I expect it to be good news, but until we hear for sure I can't say anything. I'll come back on and let you know when I hear something, as we usually get info a little quicker on the listserv.

Hey :) Congrats everyone!

I'm 22, female, and commuting from Martin County. I agree with MindOverMatter, don't dorm on campus. The rules are just ridiculous-everyone complains about being treated like you're 13 at a Christian summer camp. A few of my friends found some great apartments that are nice and not so expensive on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd and some in the Gardens area if you're going to have a car. Good luck- see you in August! :)

Last edited:
If you are still interested in pharmacy school, PBA is trying to fill some spots for their pharmacy program class of 2013.

Last edited:
If you are still interested in pharmacy school, PBA is trying to fill some spots for their pharmacy program class of 2013.
If you have a good gpa and PCAT scores you have a good chance to start this fall!!!!!!
E-mail [email protected]

Are you serious? And, how do you know this? This sounds insanely strange..

Yah I just got a call from pba asking if I was interested in attending...I declined my interview back in jan...weird that they are calling ple this late, dosent school start in a month?

Hi!!!
Yeah!!! They have just called one of my friends who have 3.8 GPA and a 34% on PCAt score and interviewed over the phone. It turned out that she got accepted there after 5 mins-interview. So i think they are looking for students to fill in some spots now. So dont lose hope guys.

I'm sorry, but this is messed up. I always thought PBA would follow the rules like every other school. I just wonder how many ppl they are short by.

Lol...that's so funnyyyy...kinda unfair to the kids who got in the legit way

I friend of mine just got accepted...very low stats.....I don't think this is right at all, they are accepting unqualified and underserving people, who will be our future colleages...I just lost so much respect for this school...and the ones who were accepted earkier should say something about this

Last edited:
Hi!!!
Yeah!!! They have just called one of my friends who have 3.8 GPA and a 34% on PCAt score and interviewed over the phone. It turned out that she got accepted there after 5 mins-interview. So i think they are looking for students to fill in some spots now. So dont lose hope guys.

Do any of you guys really believe this joker, ban his ass. First of that's a load of bull bc they have alot of ppl who are put on hold. No school that accepts the PCAT would take ur friends score. Patients mostly give pharmacist respect but it's usually the technicians that don't get the respect they deserve. Oh yeah 3 post in one day too which makes up all his post ever lmao.

I can understand ure frustration...I would be mad if undeserving ple are getting in and u had to endure the interview, the wait, the anxiety....I would give them a call to see myself,(I doubt they'll give u any info over the phone) personally I was called recently to see if I wanted a seat, without an interview!...I declined it back then!

Im about 2 1/2 hours away from West Palm, I have a 2 BR/2 BA 2 blocks away from PBA, female and I'll be 20 when classes start :D

PM me if you're interested! :)

I can understand ure frustration...I would be mad if undeserving ple are getting in and u had to endure the interview, the wait, the anxiety....I would give them a call to see myself,(I doubt they'll give u any info over the phone) personally I was called recently to see if I wanted a seat, without an interview!...I declined it back then!

I have to ask.. when did they call you to offer you a seat?

Im about 2 1/2 hours away from West Palm, I have a 2 BR/2 BA 2 blocks away from PBA, female and I'll be 20 when classes start :D

PM me if you're interested! :)

Thanks, but no thanks. I just put down my deposit for an apartment one month ago.

Also, your post doesn't make any sense. How can you be 2 blocks away from PBA, but also be 2.5 hrs aways from wpb?
PBA is in West Palm Beach!

Do any of you guys really believe this joker, ban his ass. First of that's a load of bull bc they have alot of ppl who are put on hold. No school that accepts the PCAT would take ur friends score. Patients mostly give pharmacist respect but it's usually the technicians that don't get the respect they deserve. Oh yeah 3 post in one day too which makes up all his post ever lmao.

I don't know what to believe now.. The fact that I'm hearing 2 ppl talking about the same thing, is making me think that this might be true?

They called me a few days ago. They asked if I was still interested in going there, like I said I never went to my scheduled interview, I was kinda shocked that they are short of ple this time of year when school is a month away....I know a lot of ple who were asked for interview a while back without even finishing their supp....kinda odd don't u think...weird.....

Last edited:
My hometown is 2 1/2 hours away, I was responding to where I am from...

Ive been at PBA for 3 years..I know where its at lol

I think what you are all forgetting is that the people who got "accepted' still need to pass their classes and eventually the BOARDS. :eek: If they're not qualified to be there, then they wont do well.

PBA is a business, if they can squeeze out 40k from underqualified people who fail out.. well they made 40k- still doesn't help the probation situation though...

The school is out of it's probation. So, it's def doing something right.

what happened was that about 15 students who were accepted and paid deposits chose UF or other schools who reached out. That put PBA in a bind and they had to reach out to others . .. happens every year around the country. girl from my school just was accepted who scored an 83 on her PCAT. The school was on probation because ACPE wanted more Pharmacy faculty hired including an Associate Dean of Students. 5 more faculty have been hired this semester . . . 3 used to work at NSU's College of Pharmacy. :eek:

The school is out of it's probation. So, it's def doing something right.

What I was implying was that if many students fail their classes, PBA goes back on probation.

what happened was that about 15 students who were accepted and paid deposits chose UF or other schools who reached out. That put PBA in a bind and they had to reach out to others . .. happens every year around the country. girl from my school just was accepted who scored an 83 on her PCAT. The school was on probation because ACPE wanted more Pharmacy faculty hired including an Associate Dean of Students. 5 more faculty have been hired this semester . . . 3 used to work at NSU's College of Pharmacy. :eek:

PBA was also put on probation because too many students were falling behind and they needed to implement a summer school/ make up class type situation to keep people in their respective year curriculum (P1, P2, etc). From what I understand, the school needs to have the same amount of students graduating as they are taking in for the next year.

Last edited:
So by taking in students that MIGHT not be qualified out of financial desperation they are pretty much digging their own grave cuz if these students fail they will go back on probation and risk losing accreditation.

They called me a few days ago. They asked if I was still interested in going there, like I said I never went to my scheduled interview, I was kinda shocked that they are short of ple this time of year when school is a month away....I know a lot of ple who were asked for interview a while back without even finishing their supp....kinda odd don't u think...weird.....

Even without completing a supplemental application, you could be interviewed. This is not uncommon for many schools. I personally didnt submit some supplementals but i was still interviewed and accepted. Your pharmcas application has all of the most important information. Many schools still call applicants well into mid august. This shouldn't surprise you. There are some people on the waiting list who are praying for such ooportunities well into the month of August.

Even without completing a supplemental application, you could be interviewed. This is not uncommon for many schools. I personally didnt submit some supplementals but i was still interviewed and accepted. Your pharmcas application has all of the most important information. Many schools still call applicants well into mid august. This shouldn't surprise you. There are some people on the waiting list who are praying for such ooportunities well into the month of August.
<br />
<br />
:)

Last edited:
So by taking in students that MIGHT not be qualified out of financial desperation they are pretty much digging their own grave cuz if these students fail they will go back on probation and risk losing accreditation.

Exactly. Kind of disturbing, isn't it?

Pharmboi was not admitted without an interview.

Additionally, we would not have admitted Pharmboi in accordance with our school policies.

It is apparent that he is "bashing" our school for personal reasons.

That's absurb, I have always liked PBA's program, there is not that many programs out that have a combination of faith in their program, in fact PBA was one of my top choices, I enjoyed the campus and residing in palm beach I would not have to commute so far(lit 10 min away) to go there, the tution was the only problem for me. I apologize if I am "bashing" PBA...not at all an intent...I wish all the students goodluck. PBArumorcontrol, do u work for the school?

So I found out a few students got in for the 2013 class without PCATs and were missing prereqs. What's going on with this school? Weren't they just on probation?

Last edited:
It always seemed strange to me to try and combine faith with science education, since that is the opposite of what science is, but do as you please.