PBA Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cangri One

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone been called for an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I was called for an interview last week and declined. Another opening for you guys. good luck!

I was called for an interview. :)

When are you interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
mine is on nov 13. i was surprised they gave me one, as i 'm missing 3 of their preqs which i'm taking now

I was give my interview appointment over the phone, but have not recieved the written invite in the mail. Has anyone???

I was give my interview appointment over the phone, but have not recieved the written invite in the mail. Has anyone???

Nope. Not yet. I am hoping more information will come soon though. I'll let you know if I get mine :)

I received my Nov 13th interview appointment over the phone on Oct 5th and got the invite yesterday in the mail.

wow i still havent heard back not good lol. for the people who have received interviews, would you mind sharing your stats?

i got 2, one already went to, one coming up in nov

GPA 3.03. Sci GPA 3.03 as well
PCAT 69
BS in pharm unrelated field
no pharm tech experience

^^^really wow...so I should be getting an interview soon too. I have a 3.2 gpa with around a 70 on my pcat. I thought maybe my GPA was way too low...but you gave me hope thanx.

Last edited:
I received my Nov 13th interview appointment over the phone on Oct 5th and got the invite yesterday in the mail.

I received mine 2 days ago too. It's very different from the other interview i went to 2 weeks ago. .. We have to be there for more than 4 hours. Faculty as well as student committee interviews??? And CHem & Math Assessment?!?!?! :scared::scared::scared::eek: Has anyone gone to other school interviews of that style?

yeah whats with that chem and math assessment...i know this is going to make me sound stupid but I dont do very well on tests unless I study for them, its not like I can go in there and just remember everything from chem and math off the top of my head. anyone have any idea whats on it or how long it is?

yeah whats with that chem and math assessment...i know this is going to make me sound stupid but I dont do very well on tests unless I study for them, its not like I can go in there and just remember everything from chem and math off the top of my head. anyone have any idea whats on it or how long it is?

I have no idea, the only thing i can say is that in the paper invite in parenthesis after where it says about the chem and math assmt it says (dont panic, no preparation needed) :confused: who knows, this is too weird...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefully its just basic addition and knowing the difference between an electron and proton lol

but for real, if anyone has taking it, please let us know what its like. im kind of curious about it.

i got called for an interview last week. mine is on nov 13th as well. I talked to a couple of my friends who were both interviewed and accepted at pba about 2 years ago. one couldn't remember much, but my other friend told me that the assessment is more pharmacy calculations than straight-up pcat-type chem and math questions. i hope that's true. :scared: i am just more nervous about the questions---heck, i'm just nervous PERIOD!

i got called for an interview last week. mine is on nov 13th as well. I talked to a couple of my friends who were both interviewed and accepted at pba about 2 years ago. one couldn't remember much, but my other friend told me that the assessment is more pharmacy calculations than straight-up pcat-type chem and math questions. i hope that's true. :scared: i am just more nervous about the questions---heck, i'm just nervous PERIOD!

Hey, I was there too, hmm wonder who you were. There were a lot of applicants. How did your test and interview go? I thought it was pretty easy and my interviewers were really nice. The campus and the location i thought were beautiful as well. Hopefully it's true that they'll let us know in 2 weeks. By the way, were you one of the majority that were already in PBA, or a transfer (i'm a transfer :()

Hey, I was there too, hmm wonder who you were. There were a lot of applicants. How did your test and interview go? I thought it was pretty easy and my interviewers were really nice. The campus and the location i thought were beautiful as well. Hopefully it's true that they'll let us know in 2 weeks. By the way, were you one of the majority that were already in PBA, or a transfer (i'm a transfer :()

hey! well, i was the girl asking all the questions in the student panel portion...lol. judging by your username, can i assume you were the girl from UM in the pink shirt? that's the only other person i remember who said they were from miami. :) the test was cake, THANK GOD. my interview went pretty well I feel. I had 3 ladies and they were all very very nice...in fact the whole school was disgustingly nice lol. I ended up really liking the school way more than I thought I would. I really hope I get in. No, I'm a transfer too, so don't worry. Remember the dean said only about a third are PBA undergrads. How did your interview go? :D

:xf:oh, let me see...short black hair, eyeglasses, or long brown , skirt lol, i was so nervous i hardly noticed everyone else... yeah, i felt exactly the same way, I wasn't really crazy about the school because it's far for me, but I really loved it on Friday, i'd be ecstatic if they accepted me, wouldn't mind the commute at all. My interviewers very really nice too. Hopefully we'll get in:xf:. I can't wait until next week! arrrhhh!!!:scared:

Hey guys, quick question about their supplemental app: did you guys put a lot of connections to religion into it or just skirt the issue?

Hey guys, quick question about their supplemental app: did you guys put a lot of connections to religion into it or just skirt the issue?

-Not sure how I double posted... I assume there's no way to delete posts?

Last edited:
Just be honest, they don't require you to be Christian to get accepted. I saw students from all backgrounds there.

Has anyone heard back from PBA ??? They told me two weeks

yeah, they told us two weeks too, I would and will definetly call if i don't hear from them in two weeks

they called me today to tell me i got accepted

yeah well now we need to start working on the loans, does anyone know how that goes?

Has anyone received the actual letter of acceptance? Is anyone planning to call them to find out when they will be sent?

I haven't received anything either. I remembered Carrie told me that the dean was out of town so that they have to wait for him to come back.

Of the ones that have been notified of acceptace over the phone, is anyone still working on any of PBA prereqs? I'm asking because i was sure they were going to waitlist me because i'm still doing their last 3 prereqs, but to my surprise I got the acceptace call :love:, so was just wondering if there's anyone else that was accepted without having finished the prereqs

I just received the written acceptance letter. Who else is accepting the offer?

Of the ones that have been notified of acceptace over the phone, is anyone still working on any of PBA prereqs? I'm asking because i was sure they were going to waitlist me because i'm still doing their last 3 prereqs, but to my surprise I got the acceptace call :love:, so was just wondering if there's anyone else that was accepted without having finished the prereqs

It doesn't matter... they just send you a conditional acceptance until you finish them... after that it is official.

So I finished my application and the supplemental for PBA in the beginning of October but haven't recieved or heard from them...Should I be concerned? Or have other people not heard back from them too?

i finished my supp in late oct and sent pharmcas in, in early nov....i received a call for an interview last thursday if that helps any

hello! Is anyone here going to the nov 5th interview? I feel like everyone who has posted is already finished and accepted! If anyone has any advice or has the same inteview date, let me know! I just found out today so I have little preparation time and this interview sounds different from my lecom one. I'm so excited though :)

hello! Is anyone here going to the nov 5th interview? I feel like everyone who has posted is already finished and accepted! If anyone has any advice or has the same inteview date, let me know! I just found out today so I have little preparation time and this interview sounds different from my lecom one. I'm so excited though :)

I hear they are extremely nice at PBA and the interview is very laid back.

I have an interview coming up and, I am really stressing out. Can you tell me what you wore? Was everybody in suits? What types of questions did they ask? Should I bring anything to the interview such as, a resume, scores, transcript?

Lauren

I declined my interview at PBA but a general rule of thumb is you should wear a suit or something that is close to it. You want to show professionalism and presentation is everything. In addition I would bring a professional looking buisness folder with questions to ask your interviewers (shows your interested in their program). There is no need to bring your scores or transcripts they already have them on file. Just relax and be yourself and you'll do fine. You can find interview feed back here:

http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=283

For those of you who have or are interviewing at PBA (or have had a similar situation), how did you do your resume? Did you focus on school courses and activities, work and school general, etc...? Also, did you do a cover letter? I'm assuming a cover letter is not neccessary since they are asking me to email them a resume (which I find strange since my application seemed to be a more expansive "resume"). I am trying to keep it to one page and have listed more about myself/qualifications than school related stuff. For school I just said what I was pursuing and included some of the key courses. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

PBA just called me today to interview this Friday, but I already was going out of town so I asked them if i could go on 02/19 instead. Anyone else have this interview date?

yes, everyone was in suits (which is typical for all of the interviews). One girl and a business skirt, top, and cardigan on. They ask that you bring a curriculum vitae (resume) with you even though they have you email it to them before the interview date.

Hey guys, for everyone who got in..did you get phone calls or just written decision letters? Did anyone call/email them? Thanks!

Hey guys, for everyone who got in..did you get phone calls or just written decision letters? Did anyone call/email them? Thanks!
My interview was on the 29th...got a phone call yesterday! :D

Okay thanks!! I interviewed 2/5 so hopefully soon. Time to start jumping every time my phone rings :)

I interviewed 1/22. I have been in contact with Carrie since I did not hear anything in the 2 weeks. Turns out they were waiting for my updated fall grades to get in. I've just been told that my app is in the dean's office for the final say. So, if you don't hear within the 2 weeks, don't automatically assume you've been rejected! :)

Hey, so have you heard anything yet? I e-mailed Carrie (last Friday) and she said mine was still in the dean's office. I want to call again friday because she said I should know this week. I'm worried that if I don't get a call that means no acceptance and that I have to wait for the letter for something else... Since I doubt they'd call for anything else. If anyone else interviewed on 2/5 please let me know if you've heard anything! Thanks!!! :scared:

I interviewed on 02/12, got a call from Carrie on Monday informing me that I was accepted and should receive a letter in a week or so.