PBL heavy curriculum: what has been your experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll say that I would much rather spend 4-6 hours of my week doing PBL instead of the ICM (Introduction to Clinical Medicine) that we have to go through. I'd rather do case-by-case review like I read in Myuu's link where I actually learn instead of, say, go to a children's daycare for 4 ****ing hours and learn absolutely nothing and have to do a formal write up of the event.
That sounds absolutely dreadful. Can't imagine a more useless way to spend an afternoon.

When I interviewed at Case 2 weeks ago I had a chance to drop in on one of their IQ groups (what they call PBL). While I wasn't able to stay long it did seem like things were going smoothly and those in attendance all seemed on the same page. My impression after interviewing at other places is that PBL hasn't been worked in quite as smoothly at other places.

Members don't see this ad.

That sounds absolutely dreadful. Can't imagine a more useless way to spend an afternoon.

When I interviewed at Case 2 weeks ago I had a chance to drop in on one of their IQ groups (what they call PBL). While I wasn't able to stay long it did seem like things were going smoothly and those in attendance all seemed on the same page. My impression after interviewing at other places is that PBL hasn't been worked in quite as smoothly at other places.

You could spend an afternoon as a premed volunteering in the hospital as a clerk's assistant.

You could spend an afternoon as a premed volunteering in the hospital as a clerk's assistant.

No, because you can leave when you want and don't get graded.... that's actually better :laugh:

I'll say that I would much rather spend 4-6 hours of my week doing PBL instead of the ICM (Introduction to Clinical Medicine) that we have to go through. I'd rather do case-by-case review like I read in Myuu's link where I actually learn instead of, say, go to a children's daycare for 4 ****ing hours and learn absolutely nothing and have to do a formal write up of the event.

Yikes. That sounds pretty atrocious.