PCAT and summer jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonzerosum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you think its a good idea to put pcat scores on a resume? I was thinking since I got a 98% composite I thought it might be impressive but it might seem like I've got nothing to talk about?

it's for a position in clinical and social research for the summer, I wanted to bring up the idea of going into pharmamcy but I don't want to be too obvious about it

forgot to say the employer is a rph

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
do you think its a good idea to put pcat scores on a resume? I was thinking since I got a 98% composite I thought it might be impressive but it might seem like I've got nothing to talk about?

it's for a position in clinical and social research

lol I have never heard of putting standardized tests scores on a resume, but I guess its not too much of a stretch since many people put their gpa's. Usually you should stick to putting things that are relevant to the job at hand. If you can think about someway its relevant go ahead. I don't really know the job and I can't really think of anything.

I forgot to say the employer is a rph and the co-coordinator is a pharmacologist phd but I am not sure which one will be interviewing :confused:

pharmacologists shouldn't hate pre-pharms right ?

I forgot to say the employer is a rph and the co-coordinator is a pharmacologist phd but I am not sure which one will be interviewing :confused:

pharmacologists shouldn't hate pre-pharms right ?

If they both understand what the pcat is and are somewhat involved with pharmacy, then I don't think putting it can hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Leave it off, there's no purpose to putting that on a resume.

The only grade related thing that is considered acceptable to put on a resume is your grade point average AFTER you graduated, and only if it is above a 3.0

Employers could careless how you did on a specific test because it doesn't relate to your ability to work whatsoever. If anything, it may hurt you because you may across as conceited (trust me, it does happen).

The big thing when creating a resume is to remember not to be meek but not to be boastful. If you go in either direction, you can actually hurt yourself during the application process.

I still have a ton of material from my business writing classes (i.e. resume building). If you have any questions or want any points, lemme know.