PCAT Flashcards -- Which did you use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardaRx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone would be kind enough to let me know:

Which PCAT flashcard did you use?
Did it help on the actual PCAT?
What else did you use that really helped?
What was your stats?

Sorry about a bunch of questions.... just really nervous.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I used REA's Interactive PCAT Flashcards. The verbal ability section was not anything like that of the PCAT. The quant, chemistry and biology sections were adequate, maybe a little too easy. There were also a number of obvious mistakes in this flashcard book. I would not recommend it.
The Kaplan book helped me more than anything. I studied everyday at least one hour for two and a half months before the test. I took notes out of the Kaplan book and also studied those everyday. I took three practice tests, one in the Kaplan book and two from Pearson's website. The practice tests really helped me be at ease on test day. I ended up scoring in the 96th percentile with each section score in the mid 90s.

I used REA's Interactive PCAT Flashcards. The verbal ability section was not anything like that of the PCAT. The quant, chemistry and biology sections were adequate, maybe a little too easy. There were also a number of obvious mistakes in this flashcard book. I would not recommend it.
The Kaplan book helped me more than anything. I studied everyday at least one hour for two and a half months before the test. I took notes out of the Kaplan book and also studied those everyday. I took three practice tests, one in the Kaplan book and two from Pearson's website. The practice tests really helped me be at ease on test day. I ended up scoring in the 96th percentile with each section score in the mid 90s.

Wow 96th% !! That's great! Congrats.

Just wondering. When did you take the PCAT? I heard that Kaplan lacked the math portion. Di you have to supplement it?

Just wondering. When did you take the PCAT? I heard that Kaplan lacked the math portion. Di you have to supplement it?

I took the PCAT in Oct. '08. The math section in the Kaplan book was actually more difficult than the PCAT math section. I worked through the math section twice and reviewed all my answers from the PCAT practice exams I took.
The thing about the math section is that it is the last section you will complete on test day. By this time you've done two essays in addition to Chem, Bio, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Your brain is ready to shut down. What's more, you aren't given near enough time to thoughtfully work out each question. You have to be able to recognize the questions you can answer quickly and make a quick guess on those that would take to long to work out.