PCAT for Arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles01

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see on Midwestern University's website that they also accept the PCAT in place of the MCAT. Is this really true? Would there be a disadvantage to taking the PCAT for admissions purposes.

Here's my stats:

Cumulative gpa = 3.50, pre-req and science gpa = 3.7, bachelors degree in education

Thanks Guys

Members don't see this ad.

Well obviously you couldnt apply to any other schools

Charles01 said:
I see on Midwestern University's website that they also accept the PCAT in place of the MCAT. Is this really true? Would there be a disadvantage to taking the PCAT for admissions purposes.

Here's my stats:

Cumulative gpa = 3.50, pre-req and science gpa = 3.7, bachelors degree in education

Thanks Guys

For the coming application cycle (2006-2007), DMU and AZPod will only accept MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Charles01 said:

Here's my stats:

Thanks Guys

Your gpa is pretty good but you're better off taking the MCATs just to be safe. I think after Arizona and DMU changes its policy to only accept MCATs in 2007, the PCATs isn't accepted anywhere else.

gsrimport said:
For the coming application cycle (2006-2007), DMU and AZPod will only accept MCAT.

The change does not occur until Janurary 2007 at DMU. So if you are interested in the CPMS program get you application and interview in early.