PCAT tomorrow...scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amelie04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all......just wondering if anyone had any info about the scoring. I am not extremely familiar with the scoring method. As I understand it, there is no "passing" or "failing" score, but what would be considered a competitive composite and competetive percentile score? Also, what do pharm. schools look at the most...composite, or percentile.

Thanks!
~amelie

Members don't see this ad.

I think that most schools that request the PCAT look at percentile most. Usually they require over a 50% and are looking for something like a 75% (Depending on the school of course). Every school looks at it differently, and the California schools don't even use it. I was lucky enough to boost a mediocre GPA with a good PCAT. It really just depends on the school as to how much they value the score. I have heard from "not at all" to over 40%. I got a 236 (96th percentile), but I think I was pretty lucky that day. There are several people on this forum with 97 and 98 percentile. I hope you find it easy!

Jd

It depends on the school. I applied to Florida and they look at the percentile. Florida wants 85% or higher PCAT and a math/science GPA over 3.0. They also look at all your scores for each attempt of the PCAT. Other schools might not be so strict. My math/science GPA is 4.0 and my PCAT was 98%, so I chose to apply to a school where those things are important.

There are lots of schools that place weight on different things.

Good Luck on your test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dgroulx
My math/science GPA is 4.0 and my PCAT was 98%, so I chose to apply to a school where those things are important.

There are lots of schools that place weight on different things.

Good Luck on your test.

Dam Dgroulx, you are freaken smart!!!! How come you did not apply to 3-year programs....i think they are more competitive than 4yr programs...you have an excellent chance of getting into those programs....

I thought about 3 year programs, but I'm married and my husband didn't want me moving out of state. He let me apply to Campbell, because it's in the southeast and fairly close by. Also, he's a software development manager and could find a job in Raleigh.

If there was a 3 year program in the south, I would have gone for it.