PCAT twice within seven days - HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkat13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to pharmacy school with a 4.0, have significant extracurriculars and have been studying myself to death for the PCAT, but am just not a good standardized tester. I am signed up to take the July 20th PCAT and am applying to pharm school hopefully to begin Fall 2012. The only other test date besides July 20th before early admission deadline to the the to which I'm applying is July 27th.
From those of you who have taken the PCAT multiple times, do you believe signing up for both dates would be in anyway beneficial or just a waste of money? I just don't know how much improvement can be made in a matter of seven days, but it makes me extremely anxious to only have one shot. Also, I took a Pearson practice test and made a composite 70. Did anyone take these, and if so how true to actual scores are they?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can. I tried and it told me to change the month.

This is the message I get when I try to register again in July "According to our records, you have already registered to take the PCAT in this testing window. You may attempt to register for another testing window by changing the selection above."

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with Bigj, I don't think that you are legally allowed to sign up for both testing dates. Give it your best shot, roll the dice, and see what happens.

Do you have nearly all of the prereqs done? If so, a 4.0 and a 70 composite would be very competitive. You may not make early admission and have to wait for the regular admission
window. How are your subtest scores, especially chem and bio??

My Biology was 68 and my chemistry was 60, so not that great. My reading really boosted my score. I don't know how true that practice test score is going to be to my actual score though even though I held myself to the time constraints and did not use a calculator.

Change one of the test dates. Your second PCAT score will not improve much in 1 week.

I'd recommend changing the second date to some time in the Fall.

Well, you still have a month. Focus on the bio and chem. Perhaps you can improve those sections. I practiced doing math by hand. That really helped me get thru the Chem and quant sections of the test.

I'm applying to pharmacy school with a 4.0, have significant extracurriculars and have been studying myself to death for the PCAT, but am just not a good standardized tester. I am signed up to take the July 20th PCAT and am applying to pharm school hopefully to begin Fall 2012. The only other test date besides July 20th before early admission deadline to the the to which I'm applying is July 27th.
From those of you who have taken the PCAT multiple times, do you believe signing up for both dates would be in anyway beneficial or just a waste of money? I just don't know how much improvement can be made in a matter of seven days, but it makes me extremely anxious to only have one shot. Also, I took a Pearson practice test and made a composite 70. Did anyone take these, and if so how true to actual scores are they?

Stop spazzing. Even if you get a 60 with a 4.0 and your ECs you'll be fine.