Pcat with Calculus II and Organic Chem II material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie, that says a lot. I was wondering if I take Calculus I and not calculus II before the Pcat would be enough for the Calculus sections. Is there any Calculus II materials in the Pcat? Also how about Organic Chem II? Would Organic I alone be able to sufficiently enough to pass the organic section in the Pcat? If you have to choose one , which, calculus I or Organic II would you prefer to take before the Pcat? I am asking because I can only take either class but not both before I will be taking the Pcat. Thank you so much for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

My personal opinion would be to take Calculus over Organic. I taught myself Organic I and I haven't seen one question on PCAT that I hadn't dealt with while learning Org I. However, I have seen Calc II material like definition of integral problems and series.

I have never seen CalcII limited problems on the PCAT. The farthest the PCAT tests you on in terms of calculus is derivatives, definite/indefinite integrals, perhaps some limits.

So do you guys think that Both calculus II and organic chem II's material are not in the Pcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have never seen CalcII limited problems on the PCAT. The farthest the PCAT tests you on in terms of calculus is derivatives, definite/indefinite integrals, perhaps some limits.

I concur with Roziak. IMO, I would suggest taking orgo II, but you will be fine just taking orgo I.

I was wondering the same thing ... so I guess I don't have to take calculus 2 after all ...

I don't think you need to take Calc II or Orgo II. If you see any questions from these courses it will be very limited (maybe 1-2 questions).

I 2nd this.

So far all the practice tests Ive taken (around 3) all dealt with 1st year courses, so there are some derivatives, integrals, limits and its also orgo chem I which I have seen. I havent came across a question where I couldn't figure out due to the fact that it hasnt been covered. Me personally, I am also a newbie but I have been preparing for the jan pcat since sept (10 gre words/day) and im taking calc I chem I bio I and phys I. I also use kaplan books to study, and the kaplan flash cards. (oh and cliffstestprep).