PCCM Compensation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelungguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
New to this forum. Haven't been on since I was applying for med school!
I am a graduating fellow and was wondering if you all could suggest a way for me to learn about what is fair compensation? Learned MGMA holds certain compensation benchmarks, however, they charge $100 per data point (i.e. medial income or 50th percentile). Any free resources that you may be aware of? or perhaps your own experience?
I am in Southern California, by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
New to this forum. Haven't been on since I was applying for med school!
I am a graduating fellow and was wondering if you all could suggest a way for me to learn about what is fair compensation? Learned MGMA holds certain compensation benchmarks, however, they charge $100 per data point (i.e. medial income or 50th percentile). Any free resources that you may be aware of? or perhaps your own experience?
I am in Southern California, by the way.

Median salary is around 380 for all PCCM positions not considering years in practice, location or full compensation packages. Anecdotally, I’ve seen pretax salaries in the 370s for fresh grads in small cities in the northeast and 400ish in the southeast for smaller towns. Almost all places offer a bonus of 25k to 50k. Most places will negotiate your salary with 5-10% of what is offered initially. Keep in mind RVUs, retirement packages, call schedules, specific responsibitlies, tail coverage, etc. Be aware of restrictive covenants as well. Usually 10-20 miles for 1-2 years is typical. I don’t know if this helps at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Do not sign any contract with a restrictive covenant. Everything is negotiable. Even if you offer 120, 150 or 180 day leave notice it is acceptable, not to sign a non compete.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile