pchem blows

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PZMO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that's all. i'm angry. just thought i'd throw that out there.

Members don't see this ad.

Seconded. Just push through.

Members don't see this ad :)
Without a doubt, the most evil form chemistry takes. Luckily I don't need it.

My thoughts exactly. I'm "studying" for a pchem exam right now.

So glad I never, ever have to take it. Masochistic chemistry majors. I may pick up a book on it, just to get an idea. Used books at Amazon rule. ;)

So glad I never, ever have to take it. Masochistic chemistry majors. I may pick up a book on it, just to get an idea. Used books at Amazon rule. ;)

WHY, oh WHY, would you WANT to do THAT? :scared:

nerd lol :p

if you hate pchem 1 wait until pchem 2 lol

it waits for you with a grin on its face

pchem II is actually easier than pchem I.
We start up with pchem II here at my school and then move on to pchem I.

Yeah, I admit it. I do actually buy textbooks out of interest. I've picked up stuff on cultural anthropology, population genetics, analytical chemistry, economics, archaeology, history, etc. - it's interesting stuff, and it ties together with philosophy. I find my students actually are more interested in reading dead Greeks when they see the parallels between the pre-Socratics and contemporary physicists, as well as the impact of psychology (and specifically cognitive and neuropsychology) on the free will determinism question, etc.

Just did a little google on pchem...sure looks ... "fun"... (errr, not). Very glad I'm not going to do much with applied calculus anymore. I feel sorry for you guys...wait, nevermind. Its not a pre-req for med school, wtf are you doing this for again?:D

Just did a little google on pchem...sure looks ... "fun"... (errr, not). Very glad I'm not going to do much with applied calculus anymore. I feel sorry for you guys...wait, nevermind. Its not a pre-req for med school, wtf are you doing this for again?:D

Chemistry and chemical engineering masochists.

Nothing like having a long equation at the top of the page and a long equation of the bottom of the page and having to try to figure out how to get from one to the other.

i love chemistry and i love calc, but when you mix the two together to try and come up with something useful (pchem) the results are awful. all i remember about that class is setting up experiments in peculiar ways so that gases mix together and then writing billions of equations down that we had to memorize the derivations for....

good luck with that, sorry for the diatribe

Though pchem was harder for me, it was ironic jr year that I had much better grades in pchem than orgo. Who would've thunk?

Hate to tell you this, but even though pchem royally sucks, what you learn is sooooooooooo important to everything else. After this year is over you'll be glad you took it.

Q: you build the most powerful laser the US Army has ever seen, how do you best use it to defeat the enemy?

A: Drop the power supply on them.

(inside pchem joke)

I'm a good student and I think P-CHEM is jeopardizing, through torture, whatever good I have done for this application cycle. P-CHEM and Late seconadaries do not mix well. Oh Allah Help Me.

pchem is like a fusion of calculus and physics and chemistry. it was what caused me to think twice b4 being a chem major. on the other hand, i was told it would help me out w/ biochem in med school. don't know if thats tru. i think our chem chairman was just trying to recruit me into the department.