PCO Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamieyum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone?? We should cerebrate this amazing choice!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

chose this over 8 other schools =]

i also made the facebook group. i was waiting for someone to make it =P i guess i'll do it.

woooo! wahooo!! i sent in my acceptance this morning :hardy::hardy: VERY EXCITING!

....but, if i get into waterloo and can stay in the great white north i'm not sure i could turn that down lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided I was going back in October and turned down all of my other interview offers when I got accepted. Yay! I joined the facebook group :)

count me in!

anyone know where you're living yet?

I received my acceptance e-mail on Feb 1st at around 4 pm ET.
I interviewed on Jan. 14th and thought it would take longer than 3 weeks to get a reply from PCO but thank GOD!!!! *big sigh of relief*

I am from DE. I am pretty sure my parents would let me take my car (I would be very surprised if they wouldn't). If anyone needs a carpool and our schedule lets us, I will be happy to give anyone a ride from school to clinic.

Hmm....anybody has been thinking about the housing?!

I don't know what the options are at this point but anyone can give me some information?

P.S. I don't have facebook account yet. Sorry.

how are you guys arranging housing situations and such??

is there a program?

I'm going to PCO next year too!!! I need to start thinking about housing too. Anyone interested in rooming? Any suggestion on what places are good and not too pricyyy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you all. I might even be one of the 2nd year teaching assistants or tutors for you next year!

I'm going to PCO next year too!!! I need to start thinking about housing too. Anyone interested in rooming? Any suggestion on what places are good and not too pricyyy?

I found this place that is very interesting (at least for me) cuz I wasn't sure what to do with the furnitures and such. Anyone who's interested, please check it out.

http://www.yonoapartments.com/amenities.html

to all the non residents: when are you guys planning to move out?

im coming from Los Angeles.. Im planning on going early july to look for housing and hoping to move in probably the beginning of august so i have time to have my car shipped, get furniture, explore the area, etc.

any girls out there looking to share an apartment? My parents would not be able to sleep at night if I didnt have someone else to live with, so im looking at two-bedroom apartments at the Towers at Wyncote (http://www.towersatwyncote.com/).

when does school even start? i haven't received anything telling me about orientation or when school starts. anyone have any ideas? i need to know so I can start planning my move.

I have been trying to figure out when i'm moving there and where to live at! I am trying to find one roomate to room with! Is there anyone interested?
I was looking at the studio's but i dont' think I want to live alone!
I need to take a road trip and visit these apt's. I keep on hearing this one is good and that one is bad! Which one to choose! I think the hardest part will be finding a roomate come to think of it!

during the 1.5 clinical years, can we move away completely from Elkins Park? as in, do we ever need to be at the PCO campus when we are doing our rotations?

Also -- I already got my Blackboard ID...anyone else get this too?

I got my blackboard ID the other day. Didn't really find much useful info on there though :(

other than the two letters that came this past weekend about congrats n etc etc, i didn't get a blackboard ID yet :mad: did u guys get it via email or snail mail?

im coming from Los Angeles.. Im planning on going early july to look for housing and hoping to move in probably the beginning of august so i have time to have my car shipped, get furniture, explore the area, etc.

any girls out there looking to share an apartment? My parents would not be able to sleep at night if I didnt have someone else to live with, so im looking at two-bedroom apartments at the Towers at Wyncote (http://www.towersatwyncote.com/).

those are really nice apartments. how far are they from campus? and are they expensive?

other than the two letters that came this past weekend about congrats n etc etc, i didn't get a blackboard ID yet :mad: did u guys get it via email or snail mail?

SNAIL MAILLlll

those are really nice apartments. how far are they from campus? and are they expensive?

they are really nice apartments! being from MN i figured i wouldn't get the chance to look at apartments much, so when i was out for my interview i toured them, the colonade, and brookview. i liked them all, but would probably prefer to not live in the colonade, as i heard that it can get pretty noisy there. (anyone want to comment on that?). i really liked wyncote and brookview. brookview is a little further away. wyncote is pretty much a block or two away....? can't remember exactly. but is anyone going to create a profile on blackboard for housing? how do you all plan on finding roommates?

looking forward to meeting you future classmates!

they are really nice apartments! being from MN i figured i wouldn't get the chance to look at apartments much, so when i was out for my interview i toured them, the colonade, and brookview. i liked them all, but would probably prefer to not live in the colonade, as i heard that it can get pretty noisy there. (anyone want to comment on that?). i really liked wyncote and brookview. brookview is a little further away. wyncote is pretty much a block or two away....? can't remember exactly. but is anyone going to create a profile on blackboard for housing? how do you all plan on finding roommates?

I created a profile a week ago but it's still not approved or something....is the site even working? It seems pretty useless right now!

got my acceptance email for PCO.... man im so happy its over the wait..

PCO class of 2012, here i come. :)

I'm a current first year at PCO. If anyone wants my opinion on the housing options, feel free to PM me. Congratulations to all who got accepted!

Nice...there will be another Minnesotan next year!! Yeah!!

I will start to look for housing in early May. Since I am from north Wilmington, DE which is right underneath PA, I don't feel like I am from out-state.

I think it would be better idea if we can post things that we found out in this forum so that we all can share something.

I am still debating having a roommate or not. Does anyone plan to live in studio by himself/herself?

I got in from snail mail. I lost mine and had to call them back because I didn't change my password! Don't lose yours!!!

during the 1.5 clinical years, can we move away completely from Elkins Park? as in, do we ever need to be at the PCO campus when we are doing our rotations?

Also -- I already got my Blackboard ID...anyone else get this too?

I heard lots of students are going back to home during the clinical years. you only need to make a trip for the license exam or some crucial events.

At least, this is what I heard.

I will start to look for housing in early May. Since I am from north Wilmington, DE which is right underneath PA, I don't feel like I am from out-state.

I think it would be better idea if we can post things that we found out in this forum so that we all can share something.

I am still debating having a roommate or not. Does anyone plan to live in studio by himself/herself?

i'm planning to live by myself as well. i'm looking into the towers at wyncote. anyone else thinking of living there?

btw, anyone know when orientation is?

I keep hearing ppol received their Blackboard ID through Snail Mail... just wondering what snail mail was?

I keep hearing ppol received their Blackboard ID through Snail Mail... just wondering what snail mail was?

regular postal mail (not email)

also, i'm hoping to find a roommate (female) for either wyncote or brookview. i just don't think i can afford my own place, though it would be really nice!!

I'll be attending PCO with the rest of you in the Fall can't wait!!

How much does do those apartments at wyncote cost...they look expensive!

I also need a roommate, I have 2 cats who are super sweet and cute so if you're interested let me know!

congrats :hardy: now drop all of ur classes and go party

Haha well I would but I graduated last May

I'm working now but man do I want to quit my job and be a student again...real life sucks...I can't wait to go back to school then go back to real life as the boss ;)

If you're asking for recs anyways they should be from prof who will back you up if the school loses them, or if you ask late then they will still remember you...if they forget you then you shouldn't be getting a rec from then anyways

haha so posted that on the wrong form without looking, can't believe it

haha sorry, my bad

so anyone looking for roomates?
I'm looking for a fun yet responsible roomate.
Anyone interested?

Yea, have a lot of you found roomates and housing already???? I feel like I want to find a roomate first before I find housing...but I am realatively close (about a 3 hr drive tops) from PCO so I can go looking at any time...anyone know how fast the nice/deciently priced housing places fill up??? Or looking for a female roomate who is fun but not too fun, who can live with two cats (that are both very sweet)??

hey robs... just to let u know Wyncote doesnt allow any pets. Make sure u pick an apartment that allows them.

you can check out the different apartments at www.rent.com/ and they give you all the amenities, pictures, restrictions for each apartment.