abcd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they would consider lower GPA (3.3) for a very high MCAT (523+) ? I'm starting to look at SMPs in case I don't get into any schools this cycle.

With that mcat you wouldn’t need a post bacc seeing as you have over a 3.0. You’d just apply to a lot of schools, both MD and DO.

Members don't see this ad.

1) about half the ACMS class does not have the MCAT requirement met coming in each year.

2) The program costs 30k for instate, 34 for oos

3) BCMS is absolutely not "more forgiving" for GPAs. To get into that program you need to demonstrate without having taken much science that you're going to be able to ace all the pre reqs and meet the MCAT requirement in a year. The people in that program are unbelievably accomplished academically coming in.

If you want to argue it's smarter to just apply DO that's totally fine. But it is unfortunate that when I started this thread 6 months ago people weighed in claiming insider knowledge about these post bacc programs that was completely unfounded. You're doing the same thing now, pulling out numbers and generalizations about chances to be admitted to either that are totally incorrect.

If anyone is interested in Temple's programs, I'd reccomend going to the older threads on here and looking up the people who ended up matriculating there and are now medical students at LKSOM. They were incredibly honest and upfront with me when I was deciding whether or not to do the program.

What i posted was the case when I was applying, which was before you, by the date you posted. So chill out. Out-dated a little bit is much different than “weighing in without insider knowledge” when i did, in fact, apply to this same program, and have had numerous of the same debates and discussions you had.

Ok well when you posted ten days ago you should have specified that that was the case when you have applied. Or you could have google Temple ACMS and seen all that updated info on their site.

And applying to the program and talking to a handful of people years ago doesnt give you a license to give, at the very least, totally out of date info to people thinking about applying to it now.

Lol. Relax.

Why don’t you respectfully correct someone?
You could have along the lines of “oh, actually they changed some of their requirements and tuition, etc from pervious.”

Good luck looking for the stick!

Last edited: