PCOM admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eschauberger

Some Guy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the people who got into PCOM, how long after your application was complete did you hear from admissions? My application has been complete for about 2 months and I haven't heard anything from them yet.
To be honest, I feel the people there are a little rude. I called them up today and asked, and a woman answered in one of the "I hate my job and am annoyed with people like you" voices. I asked her when I should expect to hear anything and she just told me the same thing I had been told when I first found out my application was complete, "we interview until May, you will find out before then." In my experiences with both Allopathic and Osteopathic, they have been the least helpful.
=Eric

Members don't see this ad.

Ive noticed the same thing. I got that same crap out of NYCOM. PCOM was similar. And its gotten worse as the season has progressed.
chicago just ignores me.

Originally posted by eschauberger
So, the people who got into PCOM, how long after your application was complete did you hear from admissions? My application has been complete for about 2 months and I haven't heard anything from them yet.
To be honest, I feel the people there are a little rude. I called them up today and asked, and a woman answered in one of the "I hate my job and am annoyed with people like you" voices. I asked her when I should expect to hear anything and she just told me the same thing I had been told when I first found out my application was complete, "we interview until May, you will find out before then." In my experiences with both Allopathic and Osteopathic, they have been the least helpful.
=Eric

You guys need to chill. Do you really think that all they have to do all day in admissions is check on the status of YOUR application? Seriously, they receive thousands of applications every year, and thousands of pre-meds just like you guys, are calling and calling to find out your status. They have been interviewing applicants since September and they will continue to interview applicants well into the spring of next year.

Look, my application was complete in early October of last year and I didn't hear from them until January about an interview. PCOM was one of the last schools to contact me about an interview (I had 3 allopathic and 7 osteopathic). Just make sure that they have received all of your supplemental materials and play the waiting game like so many have done before you. And stop pestering the admissions committee about your status in December. If its July and school is starting in two weeks and your on the wait list, then you can start the calls. Until then STOP worrying about it. peace

Members don't see this ad :)
Im not asking about my status. Im asking if they've got everything for me so my application can be complete and I can sit impatiently.

Ive had some problems getting my DO to send my LOR and my school to send my LORs.

I know I got to sit and chill once everything is complete, but a lot of these schools aren't telling me that they've got everything or not. It does me no good to wait until march and for a school to tell me that I wasn't looked at because my application was never completed.

Well, the way I see it is I paid them $50, the least they could be is nice. In fact, it's their job to talk to us. Most students are reluctant to call because they don't want to 'bug the school. In actuality, almost all schools want you to call them, many of them even keep track how often you call them.
-Eric

Mine's been in for about 3 months now at PCOM. I've called twice and both times received the "you'll hear by May" speech. What really burns me though, is that there are people on this board who submitted their app after me and have already interviewed. If they don't want me stop F-ing with me and just send the letter, if they aren't sure then put me on hold for an interview. My friend who is an MSI at LECOM just last week received his PCOM rejection! Now what kind of flying BS is that...:mad:

Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
My friend who is an MSI at LECOM just last week received his PCOM rejection! Now what kind of flying BS is that...:mad:

And my friend, MSI at PCOM, just recieved an interview invite from LECOM.

Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
My friend who is an MSI at LECOM just last week received his PCOM rejection! Now what kind of flying BS is that...:mad:

I am still waiting for my rejection letter from PCOM!

PCOM is one of the schools that places your file in the order of your MCAT score. Those with the high MCAT scores are given attention first. Letters are sent based on the number of interview spaces still available and how many have been accepted already.

Some other schools that do this are Kirksville, NY, PCOM and I think CCOM. Just be patient, some student have to wait until June and later if you are wait listed.

What's the MCAT average at PCOM? This is making curious in asking another question that I'll just post as a new thread.
-Eric

Based on the Princeton Review, MCAT averages are:
Bio: 8.5
Phys: 8.0
Verbal: 8.1
Essay: 0

-Albah

Originally posted by jgrieco
PCOM is one of the schools that places your file in the order of your MCAT score. Those with the high MCAT scores are given attention first.

No

Does pcom really put their scores in mcat order? my scores are above their avg's but no word yet. i've had my app. in there since july (6 months!!) and the only thing i hear is - "you'll hear by may" - i'm with homer here, in 6 mos. they can figure out if they really don't want me around or want to put me on hold or something. sorry - i'm just so frustrated with all this waiting.:mad:

Apparently JP... doesn't agree with me. I only posted that info after it was sent to me in an email from the admissions department. I can only tell you what was told to me.

I am sorry if I have passed on misinformation.

I have sent jgrieco a PM.

Good! Wanna tell us to? (Edgy from finals yet)

JPHazelton - I'd really like to hear your opinion too!