PCOM - anyone offered or gone to interview already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

PCOM is at the top of my list but I haven't heard a word yet. Did get three offers for interviews from schools I felt would be more of a reach! Getting nervous. Good numbers and worked for a DO who is an alumnus of PCOM so go figure! Any comments would be appreciated. If you have interviewed - what was it like ?
thanks

------------------

rog

Members don't see this ad.

PCOM has not even put files together. The lady told me they were behind. I'm waiting too...
Good Luck

PCOM has not even put files together. The lady told me they were behind. I'm waiting too...
Good Luck

------------------
From one thing learn 10,000 things..
-Miyamoto Musashi

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting to hear from them as well. I called them a couple of weeks ago and they told me my file was complete, although I have not received a postcard saying so.

Anyone know the percent of matches of top 2 residency for WUCOMP?

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

PCOM is one of the last schools to give interviews, or at least that is what I heard from many others who have done the application process.I was told that from state residents as well as non-residents. Hope that helps.

------------------

Hi. I am a First Year at PCOM and they have recently started interviewing students. The big thing that this school favors is being a well-diversed (extra-curricular activites, experiences, armed forces, work, etc.) student. Most everyone in this year's class has one unique characteristic that makes one stand out from everyone else. Use that to your advantage in your interview. If you have the qualifications to be interviewed, just be patient. Currently, they are only interviewing a couple times a week (about 8-10 students per week). Good luck.

Shoedog1, thanks for your reply and CONGRATS on being a MS1at PCOM.
My stats are 3.7 or thereabout GPA, Science GPA near 3.3, MCAT (not so great) 24, and work with three doctors, 1 DO who is alumnus of PCOM, and 2 MD's. Also some volunteer work in hospital lab, and MUCH work with young children in a pre school program, and at summer camp, and MANY years of varsity athletics and a passion for BEACH VOLLEYBALL at the Jersey Shore, and a hobby of college sports broadcasting. Any insight into where these stats fit in with the "pack"? Also, does PCOM have a preceptorship/mentor program in the first year, and is there any "hand on" work with patients in the first year? You're at a GREAT SCHOOL. Thanks for your comments and Good Luck!

PS Got my first offer of acceptance on Tues - hurrah! but still hopeful about PCOM

Here are some of the answers to your questions. PCOM does have a mentoring program for the inner city youth, which actually I am involved in. I have already had my first patient interaction via a standardized patient session but concerning the hands-on approach, we have been only working on our fellow classmates (osteopathic manipulation). Your stats seem OK (great community work!!), the only thing you will need is a letter from a DO. PCOM says that it is only recommended but I think it is one of their deciding tools (my personal opinion). PCOM is a great school but that head and neck exam is a killer!! Good luck!!

Shoedog1
thanks for answering my questions. The mentoring program sounds interesting (nice to know you have time for it.) - also like that you have patient contact right from the getgo. I assume it is in connection with a course? The DO I worked for is an alumnus of PCOM and was my school team doctor. He did give me a recommendation which was sent to PCOM. I've done all I could so I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again.

------------------

rog

Just received my letter from PCOM today. I have been accepted, and I am most happy cuz PCOM was my first choice. Let me know if you have any questions.

mmaher,
CONGRATUALTIONS on your acceptance. That's GREAT! I'm not surprised-from what you said your stats/resume was really strong.
I still haven't heard from PCOM but I do have one acceptance and 4 interviews so I am encouraged.
By the way, how long between interview and notification of your acceptance? Do they request a substantial deposit to confirm your acceptance? What was the interview like? Any difficult questions or stress? Did you have time to ask them many questions about the program? Did they have a whole program/agenda planned for the applicants on interview day?
Thanks for any response you might care to make.
CONGRATS AGAIN!

GOOD LUCK at PCOM

------------------

rog

Hey roger, sorry that I didn't get back too you sooner. I just got back from my interview at NOVA. Anyway, as far as PCOM is concerned, the interview was not too bad. They asked alot of questions about me and my life experiences. No ethical questions, but I heard that some people have been asked these sorts of questions. The day was set up like this. We got there and had breakfast with an administrative person. After that the interviews went on for about 3 hours. 30 minutes per person. After that, we took a tour of the school. I think that the tour sold me. The school is wonderful. The facilities are great. I really hope that you hear from them. Anyway, I would also like to start communicating with any other people out there that have been accepted to PCOM. I am checking to see if I might be able to get a roommate for the upcoming year. Makes things a hell of alot cheaper if you know what I mean. Anyway, talk to you later, and my email address is: [email protected].