1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

PCOM Application and DO Letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by skelly99, Mar 5, 2001.

1. skelly99

skelly99 Member
    10+ Year Member

PCOM's secondary application asks for an optional letter of recommendation from a D.O., which is--albeit optional--strongly encouraged.

Does anyone know how or when PCOM reviews applications without this letter, but with the other required letters of recommendation? Is it a different process, or is it truly optional?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aagbay

aagbay Member
    10+ Year Member

skelly,
    I applied to PCOM this year without a letter of rec. from a D.O. Instead, I had the Athletic Trainer A.T.C. who I worked with for 3 years write me the medical letter of rec. I sent in my secondary application in December and they asked me to interview about three weeks later. I interviewed on Feb 5th and was accepted a few days ago! So, to answer your question, it appears that we without letters from a D.O. do go through the same process as those with a D.O. letter, and yes, I am proof that it is truly optional. Hope this helps. Good luck!