Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PCOM Application and DO Letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by skelly99, Mar 5, 2001.

1. skelly99

skelly99 Member

PCOM's secondary application asks for an optional letter of recommendation from a D.O., which is--albeit optional--strongly encouraged.

Does anyone know how or when PCOM reviews applications without this letter, but with the other required letters of recommendation? Is it a different process, or is it truly optional?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aagbay

aagbay Member

skelly,
    I applied to PCOM this year without a letter of rec. from a D.O. Instead, I had the Athletic Trainer A.T.C. who I worked with for 3 years write me the medical letter of rec. I sent in my secondary application in December and they asked me to interview about three weeks later. I interviewed on Feb 5th and was accepted a few days ago! So, to answer your question, it appears that we without letters from a D.O. do go through the same process as those with a D.O. letter, and yes, I am proof that it is truly optional. Hope this helps. Good luck!