PCOM biomedical science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

Mike

Does anyone know how successful the students in the biomedical sciences masters program at PCOM are at getting into DO school. Would I be better or worse off if I went to an allopathic school to do one of these programs. I will be applying to only osteopathic schools when the time comes to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Mike,

I am a first year at PCOM and from what I see, the biomed program is extremely helpful. I know a few people who were in this program and are now in the DO program and they are happy that they went that route. The Biomed students get a lot of the same basic classes that we have and they have the same profs, so they find the classes to be pretty easy the second time around (also the profs already know your name). In general, I think that Biomed programs are probably very good if you need a more solid background or if you want to take a year or two to decide if medicine is right for you.

Best of luck!!

Originally posted by Mike:
Does anyone know how successful the students in the biomedical sciences masters program at PCOM are at getting into DO school. Would I be better or worse off if I went to an allopathic school to do one of these programs. I will be applying to only osteopathic schools when the time comes to apply.

[This message has been edited by abs (edited 02-20-2001).]