PCOM Class of 2007 Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This list only includes graduates who have matched into a program and have decided to forgo the internship year or matched into a program where the internship year is built in.

PCOM grads attending separate internship programs who are applying for the 2008 match are not included on this list.

Some programs have multiple graduates who matched but the program is only listed once under that particular specialty heading.

The overall numbers indicate a 60% match into Primary care (FP, IM, OB/GYN and Peds) with the rest going into specialties (40%)

Of those matching into IM the fellowship/specialty intention breakdown is such:
Cardiology 10%
Gastroenterology 20%
Hematology/Oncology 5%
Infectious Disease 5%
Pulmonary Medicine 5%
Endorcine 4%
Allergy/Immunology 2%
Nephrology 2%
Rheumatology 2%
Other/undecided 50%

This match list represents 25 states with 65% of the graduates matching in Pennsylvania.

Anesthesiology
Ingham Regional
Penn State Hershey
Riversie County Regional
Temple University
University of Maryland
University of Pittsburgh
Walter Reed Army
Western Pennsylvania

Emergency Medicine
Albert Einstein
Brooke Army Medical
Darnall Army Medical
Emory
Good Samaritan
Lehigh Valley
St. Barnabas
Temple University
University of Alabama
WVSOM Ohio Valley

EM/FP Combined
Frankford - Jefferson

Family Medicine
Abington Memorial
Altoona
Arrowhead Regional
Broward General
Christiana (DE)
Conemaugh Memorial
Crozer-Keystone
Duke
Franklin Square
Lehigh Valley
Martin Army
Mercy Suburban
NY Presby/Columbia
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)
Reading hospital
Sacred Heart (Allentown)
St Josephs (Reading)
Sun Coast Hospital
Tripler Army
Valley Baptist
Womack Army

Internal Medicine
Abington
Advocate Lutheran
Albert Einstein
Beth Isreal Med Ctr
Brooke Army
Christiana
Cleveland Clinic
Cooper University
Crozer-Keystone
Geisinger
Georgetown
Grady Memorial/Morehouse
Hahneman
Indiana U
Johns Hopkins
Lankenau
Lehigh Valley
Madigan Army
Mercy (Pittsburgh)
Mercy Suburban
National Naval Med Ctr
Overlook
PCOM
Penn State Hershey
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)
Saint Peters
St James
St Lukes (Bethlehem)
St Lukes Roosevelt
Temple University
Tripler Army
UMDNJ
Virginia Commonwealth U
Walter Reed Army
Western Pennsylvania
Wright State

IM/EM Combined
Frankford Jefferson
St James
UMDNJ

IM/Dermatology
Wake Forest

IM/PEDs Combined
Albert Einstein
Geisinger
Greenville Memorial
Penn State Hershey

Neurosurgery
Arrowhead
Cooper/PCOM

Neurology
Allegheny
Mayo

NMM/OMM
PCOM

OB/GYN
Albert Einstein
Christiana
Geisinger
PCOM
Western Pennsylvania

Opthalmology
PCOM
Geisinger

Orthopedic Surgery
Eisenhower Army
PCOM
UMCNJ

Otolaryngology (ENT)
NYCOM
PCOM
St Barnabas

Pediatrics
Albert Einstein
Doctors (Ohio)
DuPont
Geisinger
Jackson Memorial
St Christophers
Thomas Jefferson
UMDNJ (RWJ)
University of Connecticut
University of Maryland
Walter Reed Army

Physical Medicine & Rehab
Ingham
Long Island Jewish
Mercy (Pittsburgh)

Psychiatry

Albert Einstein
Harvard
Thomas Jefferson
University of Massachusetts
University of Virginia

Radiology
Walter Reed Army

General Surgery
East Carolina University
Eisenhower Army
Geisinger
PCOM
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)

Urology
UMDNJ

Members don't see this ad.

impressive

I was wondering: If I go to DO school can I match into something competitive like Anesthesia or Neurosurgery? I've been told by my undergraduate friends or some "grandfather time" MD to stay away from DO schools cause they all do family medicine.

Nice List

Where you going for surgery JP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Matched at P.C.O.M.

Yikes. That's a severe letdown from last year. Only 3 potential ACGME gen surg matches? Please don't tell me any of these 3 are prelim positions or I'll be even more depressed. That's a huge class to match that poorly into surg. Ross & SGU kicked the **** out of PCOM this year, no?

I think Riker might have got this one right. PCOM has some work to do.

Yikes. That's a severe letdown from last year. Only 3 potential ACGME gen surg matches? Please don't tell me any of these 3 are prelim positions or I'll be even more depressed. That's a huge class to match that poorly into surg. Ross & SGU kicked the **** out of PCOM this year, no?

:rolleyes: Take your hostility to some other forum.

I think it's important for the pre-DO's to realize the significance of the match list JP posted. Obviously, if he posted this in the Allo or Osteopath forum, a lot of eyes would roll, because they realize what an AOA match means (particularly a general surgery AOA match). But a significant number of pre-DO's don't know this.

It's good to provide some balance.

I think it's important for the pre-DO's to realize the significance of the match list JP posted. Obviously, if he posted this in the Allo or Osteopath forum, a lot of eyes would roll, because they realize what an AOA match means (particularly a general surgery AOA match). But a significant number of pre-DO's don't know this.

It's good to provide some balance.

Perhaps. I won't argue with your analysis, since I really have no basis from which to argue, being only an MS-0. However, I think it would be wise to point out the context from which you are posting. It's clear, from a cursory overview of your prior posts that you are pushing some kind of agenda. The way I see it, you are fighting several staw men here. I have no beef with SGU; neither do most of my colleagues. If you want to attend there, cool. Not all AOA residencies are good, but there are good ones. I doubt you have the evidence to prove what you are implying.

Obviously, if he posted this in the Allo or Osteopath forum, a lot of eyes would roll, because they realize what an AOA match means (particularly a general surgery AOA match). But a significant number of pre-DO's don't know this.

What is that supposed to mean?

So the class of 2007 wasn't as gung-ho on surgery as the previous one, not everyone every year wants to do surgery you know...

If you want to attend there, cool. Not all AOA residencies are good, but there are good ones. I doubt you have the evidence to prove what you are implying.
Actually, I'll likely be going DO this Fall. I, like Riker, just post the facts. With a little bit of humor and charisma interjected. JP, and his clan, provide consistent and annoying osteopathic cheerleading which embarrasses a number of us.

BTW, no AOA gen surg spot is desirable. PCOM general surgery isn't even desirable among those who are destined, due to poor board scores, to go AOA. Sad, but very true, pre-DO's. It's much better you know now; but you'll find out soon enough as an OM-3. You heard it here first.

What is that supposed to mean?

So the class of 2007 wasn't as gung-ho on surgery as the previous one, not everyone every year wants to do surgery you know...
And of those that did, too many are AOA. That's what it means, chief.

Members don't see this ad :)

You, sir, can bite the least bony part of my ass.

Oh, yes, a JP post wouldn't be complete without our friend dropkick. Therapist-turned-"I'm gonna write the goll-darn-best book ever a pre-osteopath ever did write just PM me if you're interested in: medicine/respitory therapy/orphan drugs/HIV/ect, and we'll talk all about the "ideas" I have. Those goll-darn pre-allos made fun of me when I even mentioned it.

So predictable. So DKM.

Oh, yes, a JP post wouldn't be complete without our friend dropkick. Therapist-turned-"I'm gonna write the goll-darn-best book ever a pre-osteopath ever did write just PM me if you're interested in: medicine/respitory therapy/orphan drugs/HIV/ect, and we'll talk all about the "ideas" I have. Those goll-darn pre-allos made fun of me when I even mentioned it.

So predictable. So DKM.
:rolleyes: Bye now.

Sad how Uro and Riker seem to ruin every decent post on this forum. I mean mods do not do anything to them, yet, every thread they post in turns into a flame fest because they say the most inane and disrespectful things.

Sad how Uro and Riker seem to ruin every decent post on this forum. I mean mods do not do anything to them, yet, every thread they post in turns into a flame fest because they say the most inane and disrespectful things.

I guess the SDN universe mirrors the Star Wars universe, or more accurately, the Taoist concept of Yin/Yang, in that the force needs to be balanced to be complete. In both universes, you must have the dark side of the force. I guess that's why the mods can't get rid of them.

I know, it's crazy isn't it. DKM can tell someone to bite his ass, but if the same is returned, then our good friend and fellow osteopath, Tae Kim, threatens the dickens out of them?

Tae, Buffalo is of course leaps and bounds ahead of any AOA program, but it's still a far cry from a decent EM slot in any allo world. Let's put it all in perspective. An osteopathic lovefest helps no one. Let's let the pre-osteo's know what's coming. Why not? You know what I'm talking about.

Tae, Buffalo is of course leaps and bounds ahead of any AOA program, but it's still a far cry from a decent EM slot in any allo world. Let's put it all in perspective. An osteopathic lovefest helps no one. Let's let the pre-osteo's know what's coming. Why not? You know what I'm talking about.

Neither does slamming any DO program. You are spewing nonsense and you know it. I'm sorry you might never get to be an MD and that you didn't get into a US allopathic program. You can be as bitter and resentful as you want. I don't care; it's your life. However, please do us all a favor and don't spew your venom onto us. It's a trespass onto me and I don't like it.

I know, it's crazy isn't it. DKM can tell someone to bite his ass, but if the same is returned, then our good friend and fellow osteopath, Tae Kim, threatens the dickens out of them?

Perhaps it would be wise of you to try and better your future instead of trolling good forums where some of us are actually trying to help people.

It's a trespass onto me and I don't like it.
I think you have a solid cause of action, and encourage you to take it up with counsel.

Honestly, where do these guys come from? DKM, is this one of yours?

I think you have a solid cause of action, and encourage you to take it up with counsel.

I encourage you to continue your course of action. You'll dig your own grave soon enough. It's just a matter of time.

And of those that did, too many are AOA. That's what it means, chief.

Uro -

So you are the guy who basically pissed kimberly cox off at the surgery forum with your "are DO surgery residencies that bad"? post :laugh:

I was about to ask you, what your basis were to generalize about DO surgery residencies, but it is obvious you are a premed who is wise on his own opinion and not only do you not know what you talk about, but you turn a deaf ear on sound advice.

To anger half the people at the surgery forum, I mean...

Exhibit #1:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4998265&postcount=54

I infract based on reported posts. Did you report the post, or engage and respond in kind? When that happens, it gets a little blurry who I should hold accountable. The guy who started it, or the guys who perpetuate it.

DKM can step up and tell you how often I've infracted him.

Tae, Buffalo is of course leaps and bounds ahead of any AOA program, but it's still a far cry from a decent EM slot in any allo world.

Let's put it all in perspective. An osteopathic lovefest helps no one. Let's let the pre-osteo's know what's coming. Why not? You know what I'm talking about.

Actually I have no idea what you're talking about. But I'm curious as to how you've become such an expert on EM residencies.

Uro -

So you are the guy who basically pissed kimberly cox off at the surgery forum with your "are DO surgery residencies that bad"? post :laugh:

I was about to ask you, what your basis were to generalize about DO surgery residencies, but it is obvious you are a premed who is wise on his own opinion and not only do you not know what you talk about, but you turn a deaf ear on sound advice.

To anger half the people at the surgery forum, I mean...

Exhibit #1:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4998265&postcount=54

I just skimmed that thread. Based on what I've read on that thread and on here, uro, I'd recommend that you go to SGU instead of the DO school. Why do I suggest this? Well, I think you'll be happier with an MD after your name rather than the bitterness that comes, for you, with the DO. From what I can tell, you basically wanted to be an allopathic physician, but didn't get accepted into a US program. Well, going to SGU will give you the MD, even if it might offer greater challenges. Unfortunately, for you, however, it could be a much tougher ride whatever you choose as long as you harbor the attitudes that you currently do. C'est la vie.

DKM can step up and tell you how often I've infracted him.

I would say at least five or six and that's just the ones recent enough for me to have vague recollection of.

Go C.a.r.r.i.b.,

Uro-Alpha out.

I guess the SDN universe mirrors the Star Wars universe, or more accurately, the Taoist concept of Yin/Yang, in that the force needs to be balanced to be complete. In both universes, you must have the dark side of the force. I guess that's why the mods can't get rid of them.
No, that's why they keep me around. I'm borderline dark side, but I still have enough morals and knowledge to be useful in some capacity.

Take a look at the posts following this, fellow pre-DO's. Is this what you want your life to be like post-DO?

this thread sucks. The osteo forum has really gone downhill within the last few weeks...

I would say at least five or six and that's just the ones recent enough for me to have vague recollection of.
Good bitch. Now go get me some coffee, and bend over just a little bit when you put the sugar in.

The day I kneel to a 40-something COMP DO who has to uproot his family and scoot 3500 miles to a low-end EM spot where very few would care to call home, is not quite today.

Take a look at the posts following this, fellow pre-DO's. Is this what you want your life to be like post-DO?

Spoken like someone who really isn't interested in the DO route. That's okay, though, because fortunately, you also got accepted into a Caribbean program. Have at it; I'm sure they'll be happy to have you and you them. :rolleyes:

Good bitch. Now go get me some coffee, and bend over just a little bit when you put the sugar in.

The day I kneel to a 40-something COMP DO who has to uproot his family and scoot 3500 miles to a low-end EM spot where very few would care to call home, is not quite today.

Late 30's actually. But this last post allowed me to figure out who you are. It's been a while. Bye again.

uro said:
Good b****. Now go get me some coffee, and bend over just a little bit when you put the sugar in.

That's enough of that. Granted, my opinions may differ from most but you are simply pernicious, uro. I get a feeling of sheer anger in you from your posts. Attacking a man for his age and then bringing his family into it? TKim is doing an E.M. residency and you dare to talk to a doctor like this? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

TKim, attaining an E.M. residency is an outstanding achievement. You are a doctor now and have nothing to be ashamed of. :)

WHAT THE H#LL IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?:eek: :(

Just as an FYI...those surgery spots listed include 10 PCOM students.

2 are in osteopathic programs
4 are in dually accredited programs
3 are in allopathic programs
1 is in a military program

And to the powers at be at PCOM, they were suprised there were 10 people who matched surgery. Going in to the match it looked like less than that. This class was MUCH bigger on IM and the combined programs than more recent classes.

The next 2 years look like they are going to be big on surgery

Do you think this is a result of the new 80 hour work week(not that it's actually enforced or anything)?

Perhaps. At least thats what some people have said.

I think its more of a "whats hot in the media right now" thing.

Not too long ago it was EMED that was the hot profession. Surgery seems to be getting its chance now.

Everything comes in cycles. The competitiveness of specialties wax and wane.

Perhaps. At least thats what some people have said.

I think its more of a "whats hot in the media right now" thing.

Not too long ago it was EMED that was the hot profession. Surgery seems to be getting its chance now.

Everything comes in cycles. The competitiveness of specialties wax and wane.

I find it hard to believe that general surgery is going to eclipse emergency medicine any time soon as far as sexiness is concerned.

Then again, stranger things have happened.

one of my friend who graduated recently told me that he didnt think surgery was "sexy" enough for all the BS you have to put up with + the work schedule in residency and afterwards. so he opted for a anesthesia in an allo program with possibility of fellowship. he said you pull in about the same $$$ for a less stressful job and hours

one of my friend who graduated recently told me that he didnt think surgery was "sexy" enough for all the BS you have to put up with + the work schedule in residency and afterwards. so he opted for a anesthesia in an allo program with possibility of fellowship

I do think surgery is due for an upswing. Also, anesthesiology seems to be more prone to boom and bust.

Holy shi t.

Good job PCOM.

I see Havard, Mayo, Hopkins, Cooper, Cleveland Clinic...it's all there baby:hardy:

Even my beloved Lankenua is there. :laugh:

This list only includes graduates who have matched into a program and have decided to forgo the internship year or matched into a program where the internship year is built in.

PCOM grads attending separate internship programs who are applying for the 2008 match are not included on this list.

Some programs have multiple graduates who matched but the program is only listed once under that particular specialty heading.

The overall numbers indicate a 60% match into Primary care (FP, IM, OB/GYN and Peds) with the rest going into specialties (40%)

Of those matching into IM the fellowship/specialty intention breakdown is such:
Cardiology 10%
Gastroenterology 20%
Hematology/Oncology 5%
Infectious Disease 5%
Pulmonary Medicine 5%
Endorcine 4%
Allergy/Immunology 2%
Nephrology 2%
Rheumatology 2%
Other/undecided 50%

This match list represents 25 states with 65% of the graduates matching in Pennsylvania.

Anesthesiology
Ingham Regional
Penn State Hershey
Riversie County Regional
Temple University
University of Maryland
University of Pittsburgh
Walter Reed Army
Western Pennsylvania

Emergency Medicine
Albert Einstein
Brooke Army Medical
Darnall Army Medical
Emory
Good Samaritan
Lehigh Valley
St. Barnabas
Temple University
University of Alabama
WVSOM Ohio Valley

EM/FP Combined
Frankford - Jefferson

Family Medicine
Abington Memorial
Altoona
Arrowhead Regional
Broward General
Christiana (DE)
Conemaugh Memorial
Crozer-Keystone
Duke
Franklin Square
Lehigh Valley
Martin Army
Mercy Suburban
NY Presby/Columbia
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)
Reading hospital
Sacred Heart (Allentown)
St Josephs (Reading)
Sun Coast Hospital
Tripler Army
Valley Baptist
Womack Army

Internal Medicine
Abington
Advocate Lutheran
Albert Einstein
Beth Isreal Med Ctr
Brooke Army
Christiana
Cleveland Clinic
Cooper University
Crozer-Keystone
Geisinger
Georgetown
Grady Memorial/Morehouse
Hahneman
Indiana U
Johns Hopkins
Lankenau
Lehigh Valley
Madigan Army
Mercy (Pittsburgh)
Mercy Suburban
National Naval Med Ctr
Overlook
PCOM
Penn State Hershey
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)
Saint Peters
St James
St Lukes (Bethlehem)
St Lukes Roosevelt
Temple University
Tripler Army
UMDNJ
Virginia Commonwealth U
Walter Reed Army
Western Pennsylvania
Wright State

IM/EM Combined
Frankford Jefferson
St James
UMDNJ

IM/Dermatology
Wake Forest

IM/PEDs Combined
Albert Einstein
Geisinger
Greenville Memorial
Penn State Hershey

Neurosurgery
Arrowhead
Cooper/PCOM

Neurology
Allegheny
Mayo

NMM/OMM
PCOM

OB/GYN
Albert Einstein
Christiana
Geisinger
PCOM
Western Pennsylvania

Opthalmology
PCOM
Geisinger

Orthopedic Surgery
Eisenhower Army
PCOM
UMCNJ

Otolaryngology (ENT)
NYCOM
PCOM
St Barnabas

Pediatrics
Albert Einstein
Doctors (Ohio)
DuPont
Geisinger
Jackson Memorial
St Christophers
Thomas Jefferson
UMDNJ (RWJ)
University of Connecticut
University of Maryland
Walter Reed Army

Physical Medicine & Rehab
Ingham
Long Island Jewish
Mercy (Pittsburgh)

Psychiatry

Albert Einstein
Harvard
Thomas Jefferson
University of Massachusetts
University of Virginia

Radiology
Walter Reed Army

General Surgery
East Carolina University
Eisenhower Army
Geisinger
PCOM
Pinnacle (Harrisburg)

Urology
UMDNJ

Albert Einstien must love you guys. They took like 6 of you.