PCOM DO/Psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSDO?

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got accepted (yesterday) to PCOM's brand new MS Clinical Health Psychology program. I'm very excited and it's going to be a mad scramble to get to Philly from Portland by 23 August.

I was wondering what how well the psych students and medical students mix, or if they interact at all. I think I may want to go into the D.O. program after I get the Masters.

I have a research idea that would entail working with medstudents, what are the chances of anyone being receptive?

Any other bits of advice on how to adjust, what to expect, etc.?

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Thanks,

David

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations on your acceptance. I know that admission to the psych program was competetive. I'll be a MS1 this fall. I was accepted into the med school from the Masters in Biomedical Sciences program. Your interaction with med students will depend on your class schedule, but PCOM isn't a huge place and you'll have plenty of opportunity to interact with graduate/medical students socially and academically. Masters students do get accepted to the DO program but I'm not sure how many from the psych or PA program because they're new. Congratulations and Godspeed.

Thanks KP. It'll be a struggle to get into the DO program, I've still got a lot of sciences to do. Right now I just need to focus on getting there, scraping the money together to pay for it and getting throught the program.

Hope to run into you on campus perhaps.

Good luck to you too.