PCOM INTERVIEW!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostongirl22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, I just found out I have an interview at PCOM next Wednesday March 13th!!! i'm sooooo excited!

Anyone have any tips, where to stay, etc??

yay!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should stay at the Holiday Inn on City Line Ave (or something to that effect). Both the Holiday Inn and Adam's Mark are about a 5 minute walk from PCOM, but the former is nicer for the same price. Have fun - everyone there is really chill and laid back.

Just wanted ti say congratulations and good luck. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats on the interview! I just interviewed there last week and I had a great time (considering it's usually a nerve raking process). My best advice to you is to not freak out or get stressed out about it..i know i know easier said than done, but honestly the people over there are so nice and laid back...trust me, you'll see for yourself. As for the actual interview process, i think the most important thing to know is why you want to be an osteopathic physician and why at PCOM? They really want to know why their school. But otherwise, just go get 'em, it should be fun! Let us know how it went. GOOD LUCK!

thanks so much, you guys are a big help! i'll let you know how is goes!

Congrats Bostongirl!!!

That's awesome, I am still waiting to hear from PCOM, I would really like to interview there. Did they call you for an interview or send a letter? Thanks and Good Luck!!!!!

For those of you that have received an interview invite-how long after you sent in your secondary did they notify you. Also does anyone know how full their class is at this point? Good luck!

Slipslap-- I got a letter in the mail yesterday for the invite.

I sent in my secondary way back in October--a long time ago, so I had begun to lose hope...luckily they did not forget about me :)

it took them about 2 months before I had heard anything from them. You will do just fine believe me. In case you are asked about any weakness in your application just explain it to them but do not forget to mention that an applicant is more than just numbers. Otherwise you would not have been invited. It worked for me since I was accepted to PCOM. Most likely, however I will attend NSUCOM. Good luck on the 13th!

PCOMs interview is really laid back.

Use <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com</a> for more information

Easy to get to the school from the train station and plenty of places to stay.

Definately know about osteopathic medicine, be able to back up your transcript (grades and ECs), and know about PCOM!

It has a rich history and you should know about it. Their website, <a href="http://www.pcom.edu," target="_blank">www.pcom.edu,</a> does a great job at covering all this.

Most of all know "WHY PCOM?".

Good luck with your interview. It will be good to have more New Englanders in the class (I'm from Connecticut).

JPH
PCOM Class of 2006

Congratulations on your interview. PCOM was by far my favorite place I interviewed, and as of now... I will be joining the class of 2006. I sent my primary in around late October, and found out about my PCOM interview in January which was for the 18th of February. I got my acceptance less than two weeks later. I believe that the admissions committee meets at the end of the month, which explains why I found out so soon of my acceptance. As far as the interview goes... the way I approach my interviews is with the philosophy that everyone interviewing has good grades and test scores. So what it comes down to is personality. Are you someone that you would want to see as a patient? Are you someone that you would want to work with as a fellow physician? Do you have a good heart, and do you communicate well? These are things that I believe they look for when you're having your relaxed conversation (interview). Just smile! A smile is so powerful... and most people don't even know it. Anyway... I hope this helps, and I hope to see you in August in the city of Brotherly Love.

thanks for all the responses! I'm leaving tomorrow for Philly so I'll let you know how things go.

Hey Boston. I just had to write to you, since my screen-name was BostonGirl before I headed down to PCOM and changed it. I found it quite humerous...

Anyways, don't worry about your interview, you'll do fine as long as you act like yourself. Maybe I will try to stop into the office while you are there (PCOM students usually stop in and talk to interviewees...)to say hello.

Good luck !

Michelle

Members don't see this ad :)
Well boston...how did it go?!

Hey Bostongirl:

I hoped you liked PCOM. It was one of my top choices. Its a really great school. If you are waitlisted, I will pull out of my accpetance you you can get the spot.

Good Luck

AK

Doc AdamK

Your altruism beams like a heaven-sent lighthouse in a fog storm.

Have fun in the sun.

:wink:

Well, I'm back and I absolutely loved it! I am definitely going there if accepted. And how nice is that gym? the facilities were definitely better all around than the other schools i've interviewed at. I thought the interview went well, it was very laid back. They said I should find out by the end of the month.

Phillygirl--that is funny...if I go there I'll be Phillygirl2 :)

Well Congrats:

PCOM is a great school. If your going there next year, you should talk to JPHazelton. He is a PCOMer. He probably is one of the most well informed pre-med out there

Good Luck

AK

Doc Adam, you're making me blush.

Boston...I'm so happy to hear about your interview!

My feelings were the same "If I get in, I am DEFINITE here!"

I think the school just has so much to offer that chosing another school over PCOM can be tough.

Good luck and I hope to see you in August!

JPH
PCOM Class of 2006

Bostongirl,

Good to hear your interview went well! Yeah it is an awesome school, I'm anxiously waiting to find out at the end of this month as well. I interviewed at the very end of Feb so i feel like the waiting is getting waaaay to long. Another 2 weeks or so...ahhhhh.....

Hey Boston,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop in and say hi yesterday. I was feeling a bit under the weather. I am glad to hear that all went well. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me.

There are actually several Beantowners in my class and we all love it here. (Ok, I am really from the 'burbs of Philly, but I have adopted Boston as my real home, post undergrad.) A bunch of us are coming up for the Marathon, as two classmates are running in it... ok gots to study...

Good luck with admissions!!

Michelle

Hi Future osteopathic docs!
It's about time I signed up for this thing...I've been reading your guys's posts for a while now.
I actually have an interview at PCOM the 20th of March...PCOM goers, any last minute tips would be highly appreciated.
Goodluck to all of you~
Special shout outs to JPHazelton and Doc AdamK in 2006!!

Rujul

You're so crazy.

See you at PCOM!

Well guys, sadly I will not be going to PCOM. They rejected me :( !! I got the letter the other day. I was pretty disappointed, since I really loved it there. And I wish I knew what went wrong, since I thought the interview went well. Oh well. So, after having a couple days to let it set in, I've accepted it. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I think I'm headed to UNECOM, which I'm very happy about, unless I get any more interviews.

Thanks for all your support though and best of luck to all of you!

Hey bostongirl, what are your stats? I'm just curious to know since they rejected you after a great interview....

Cheer up Bostongirl:

You will make a great physician no matter where you are.

Maybe you will get an interview at NOVA

I'm cross my fingers

AK

aww...thanks Doc Adam...you cheered me right up :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for NOVA too...we'll see!

hey boston girl!

i know you may be dissappointed, but, you are a member of 2006, and that is KEY! someone obviously believed in your abilities and talents. please take solace in the fact that although PCOM will not be your alm mater, you will, nonetheless, be called, "DR."

Hey Kylie:

Too bad that pharmacists want to be known as "Dr."

But it nice that we can say that we are D.O. or M.D.

It kind of takes away something from the title.

AK

Hey Doc Adam:

Not to mention the PhDs and doctoral education students... I even met a person who wanted the title "Dr" from a JD. Go figure. Ah, but it is funny. Just goes to show how revered and envied the professional still is after all these years.

anybody interviewing at PCOM on April 4th?

bostongirl

Just read your post about PCOM. Sorry about the bad news. UNECOM is a great school. It was hard for me to say no to a trip up there.

I am sure you will do great there and have a very postiive experience. We need some good New England people being trained as good New England doctors! :)

Good luck with other schools you are still waiting on. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Best of luck in the future at whichever school school you attend.

JPH
PCOM Class of 2006