1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

PCOM Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by spunk11, Nov 25, 2002.

1. spunk11

spunk11 Wishing for PCOM
    7+ Year Member

Hi! I am hoping that everyone who interviewed @ PCOM could offer me advice\information.

Thanks in advance!!!:)

SPUNK

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. williestyle81

williestyle81 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey spunk,
    i interviewed at pcom a couple weeks ago. i found the people on that campus to be very kind. everyone seemed helpful. i found the interview to be relaxing. there were two sets of interviewers (you'd either interview with the assistant director of admissions and a DO........or the director of admissions, a med student, and someone else) i interviewed with the assistant director and DO. they tried to make it as relaxing as possible. everyone seemed very down to earth. i really really liked it a lot. even while we were waiting in the admissions office, some of the med students came in and asked us how we were and answered questions for us. best wishes spunk:cool:
    -EMW

4. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    PCOM is the best.

Top DO school in the nation.

They make the interview relaxed, but make sure you know your stuff about osteopathic medicine.

Also know yourself inside and out.

They are just trying to get to know you.

Go Eagles.

5. anmol

anmol Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, so the PCOM interview was very relaxed. It was basically just a nice conversation. They just want to get to know you as a person, and how you interact with people. They also wanna make sure that you know exactly what osteopathic medicine is and that you are going into this profession after thinking about it and researching the field. Also they wanna know that you are the type of person that patients want thier doctor to be like. Just be yourself and be relaxed and you will be just fine!! Good luck!!!

6. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

Those of you like myself be weary going into that interview room. I think that for the most part if your stats are on par then interviews at the more competitive schools will be relaxed (PCOM, NYCOM, UNECOM) however if you're someone like me and have sub-par stats, I'd say you have a 90% chance of getting some tough questions about your application. UNECOM kicked my head in and caught me completely off-guard...

I only post this to keep people from getting a false sense of security. While it may seem obvious to a lot of you that people like myself naturally would run into that, after reading post after post and being told ALL DAY LONG that a relaxed interview was coming my way then having the interviewers point and shoot at my grades and MCATs sitting right in front of me... nightmare, complete nightmare. I felt like I was a waste of time to them and drove home wondering why they even bothered if my app had so many problems...

just a heads up, I'm sure there aren't many people like me but for those of you lucky enough to get "a break" be ready. I was ready to defend at VCOM and things went GREAT... I'll never be unprepared like that again.

7. Chisel

Chisel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was a Undergrad with a very subpar MCAT score (two of them as a matter of fact). PCOM did ask me tough questions about the MCAT.

However, they made sure not to put me on the defensive. I know people say this all of the time, but they want to get to know you better if they invite to interview. It would make no sens at all for them to place a candidate into a situation that would not allow them to get to know you.

I guess what I'm getting at is that you should try to be yourself. They most likely will not ask you extremely difficult questions. Defend your grades or MCAT, don't make excuses.

Any of you subpar applicants be nervous, but not too nervous. They feel that you will make a good physician before they meet you, just try to keep it that way after the interview.

Chisel
    PCOM 2006

8. spunk11

spunk11 Wishing for PCOM
    7+ Year Member

Thanks to everyone for replying to my post....

my interview is coming very soon ~ I am getting nervous!!

when does PCOM's admission committee meet? I am hoping that it is soon after I interview so that I don't have to wait a long time to hear their decision...