PCOM/LECOM Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

incarnate

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello members, I just wanted to know if anyone had on any info on the Post-Bac program at PCOM or LECOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi...do a quick search on this site and you'll find a few posts from a while back that give you a good idea about the programs. I'm sending my apps by the end of the week. Both programs appeal to me, but I haven't decided yet where I'll go. Right now, I just want to send the apps and try to worry about moving there. Such an expensive headache. Good luck.

water

I agree. It's really a headache, but in some weird way I'm actually anticipating moving. I'm sending my apps next week. By the way, do you know how long PCOM takes before they let you know if you got accepted. I know that LECOM's acceptances are on a rolling basis. Also, have you taken the MCAT. I'm taking it again in August.
Hopefully Second time is a charm (no thirds)
Keith

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi...I know what you mean about being excited. I can't wait to move and live in a different state...specially one with different seasons, not just summer (So Cal). Anyways, the deadline for PCOM is July 15. They'll notify you in August. Classes begin sometime in Sept. I've taken the MCAT and am planning to take it again next year. Do you know which school you prefer yet? I'm kinda leaning towards PCOM as of now.

Water

Hello Water
I definetly want to go to PCOM's Post-Bac. I eventually want to go to DO school there. August is a long time to wait to see if you get accepted. Can I ask why you are taking the MCAT next year. If you plan on starting medical school right after the Post-Bac you should take the test in August (at least that's the way that I understand it). I'm going to start studying in April. I want to do really well this time.

Incarnate

Hi Incarnate...I'm not set on taking the mcat next year, but I figuered by next April or even August, I'll have a deeper understanding of the sciences as well as have more time. I've been thinking of even pursuing the MS degree at PCOM if it seems interesting by next year. Right now, I'm more concerned with learning and feeling comfortable with my options before committing myself to osteopathy. Who knows, I might even end up in research rather then med school. Either way, I hope to be at PCOM in the future.

water

Hello water,
I apologize for assuming that you were going to medical school. I forgot that that PCOM does offer the MS in Biomedical Sciences. I can definetly understand mastering the sciences (hence, that was my mistake on the first MCAT). I understand that PCOM's MS students do an array of research. Currently, I'm doing research, on alcohol and drug abuse, and wouldn't mind maybe taking research a step further. Possibly an DO/PHD program at PCOM. Well, good luck to the both of us.
Incarnate