Pcom/nycom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TraumaDR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from them lately about an interview? I havent seen too many people with PCOM interviews and only a few NYCOM interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard a peep from NYCOM. I called PCOM last week and I was told that my application was finally being evaluated. I needed to get a letter from my degree granting school for my application to be complete.

I received my invitation for an interview before Christmas and it is scheduled for Feb 11th.
It's been a LONG wait considering I submitted my app. late July and they received it early August.

Members don't see this ad :)
my app was complete late oct/early nov at both schools.
havent' heard a thing from pcom.
i interviewed at nycom last week.
i was surprised to hear from them so quickly- too bad i totally blew such an easy interview.

NYCOM/PCOM late aug, early sept submission and not a peep from either...

both have been called, both being "evaulated"... yeah right

I have an interview with NYCOM in the next few days. However, this weekend I just received an interview invite from PCOM for Mar 13. I am excited about PCOM and NYCOM and I already have an acceptance with LECOM. Yet, I am a little bothered bec my PCOM interview is sooo late. I am not sure if it bec they already filled the Jan and Feb slots or if they placed me in Mar on purpose. I ask this because back in october an admissions counselor called me and asked if I was considering retaking the MCAT in April ( I have a stellar GPA, but poor MCAT). I told her I would reconsider taking it bec at the time I had no interview offers/acceptances from ANY school. However, since then as you can see I've been accepted to LECOM and I will interview at NYCOM. I really do not want to nor do I feel as if I have to retake the test especially since I already have an acceptance at a school with interviews still scheduled. I hope my acceptance into PCOM is not contigent on me retaking the MCAT. If it was you, what would think and what would you do?

you know, pcom adcom seems a little funny. i havent heard anything from pcom, but have been interviewed and accepted at 5 other DO schools.

i called admissions last week to check on the status of my application and got the generic answer yet again. i also asked if a letter of interest/update to my file would increase my chances of an interview. she responded that basically, the letter would just get added to my file and she honestly didnt think it would help my application.

on the other hand, i know people with significantly lower stats than mine with their application complete in end of oct who interviewed back in dec.

so...who knows what they are doing with our apps!

has anyone else received interview invites in Jan... and when did you schedule the interview for?

I have learned something from this process....that luck and being in the right place at the right time can help out a lot. What I mean is that, perhaps the admissions committee is looking for a certain applicant at a certain time and you happen to be that person.
I had my PCOM interview in early december and found out I was accepted within 4 days. (with a very bad MCAT and all) On the other hand, I haven't heard from either LECOM or DMU. You just never know when you are going to be called so don't give up hope!!
Best of luck!
Albah