PCOM Open House (or any open house!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttogohome

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Did a search and couldn't find this topic so I was just wondering: Has anyone brought a friend or significant other to PCOM's (or anyplace) Open House? I was thinking about bringing my significant other because they will, presumably, be involved in my medical school experience. Does anyone know if this is ok? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All,

Did a search and couldn't find this topic so I was just wondering: Has anyone brought a friend or significant other to PCOM's (or anyplace) Open House? I was thinking about bringing my significant other because they will, presumably, be involved in my medical school experience. Does anyone know if this is ok? Thanks!

Are you talking about an open house for accepted students where they serve lunch or just an open house that they have a couple of times a year where you can tour the school and learn more about it?

Because if it's the former, they tell you that you can't bring guests until the orientation period.

Just an open house to see and learn more about the school. I haven't applied yet.

Just an open house to see and learn more about the school. I haven't applied yet.

Oh I would certainly take your sig other because he/she will be very much involved and affected by your time in med school. And if they are in a different field than medicine, I find that it's helpful for them to hear about medical school from the horse's mouth.