PCOM-PA VS MSUCOM (DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceverus

Reaction score
Can someone offer some advice, please? which is one is more expensive as an out of state? PCOM or MSUCOM? I understand that PCOM is private and MSUCOM has a ridiculous OOS tuition. My question is do I only pay OOS tuition at MSUCOM for the first year and then in-state tuition? Also I would appreciate any recommendations if you had to choose to attend one, please. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

each state has different requirements for residency so I can only speak generally when you are a student you can not become a resident of the state. most public schools take your residency from the first day of the first year as your residency for all 4 years. So with that I would consider PCOM both are really good DO schools

Reactions: 1 user
I do not know much about MUSCOM, but I applied to PCOM-PA therefore I will advocate for it for the reasons I applied there.
1. Location: PCOM is in Philadelphia, a city with a diverse population, public transit, and other institutions for research and possible away rotation.

2. School/Establishment: PCOM is one of the known DO schools with a good residency match list. Thus, making it my #1 DO school and Rowan U SOM my #2.

3. Their facility looks pretty new and cozy at the same time.

4. PCOM-PA tuition is below $58,000 which I think is fair, but in comparison to MSUCOM, I do not know,.

Con:
The one thing that drew me back about PCOM was the letter grading system for pre-clinicals.

My vote is with PCOM-PA.
However things to consider are:
-distance from home + support system
-enviroment: city vs rural

Reactions: 1 user