PCOM premed advisor letter requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the req that states that this letter must come from the school where you received your undergrad degree? I graduated 7 years ago, was not pre-med, and had really bad grades. I don't think that my advisor in my department is still there. I requested that they substitute this letter for the letter I got from the premed advisor of the post bac program I completed in May. I don't know why this wouldn't be acceptable, he has the equivalent role and knows me and the type of student I am today. Has anyone had any luck doing something similar? And does anyone know why the letter must come from the school you graduated from and not the most recent school attended (assuming you were a premed at that school)?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be fine with the letter from you current advisor. Just call PCOM and explain your situation. I'm a first year there and I will tell you that they shouldn't have a problem with that, everyone is really cool. GIVE THEM A CALL>>

Thanks for the reply sporrt,

I called this morning and was told that a letter had to be sent to Carol Fox in admissions. I faxed it over this afternoon expaining the whole thing, then crossed my fingers. Just when I thought I could take a breather and only worry about getting an interview!