PCOM rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMD79

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many interviews PCOM offers and how many they accept? My file has been complete for over 2 months and no word. PCOM is my first choice, should I send a letter of intent and if so where do I send it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, actually I have this friend who is wondering the exact same thing. If anyone has some feedback about this, it would be very appreciated. :)

Here is some info I once found here on sdn, not sure what year this was but either 2001 or 2002. PCOM stats- Applied:3,430 Interviewed:664 Accepted:398 Matriculated:251

When I interviewed there they gave us a rough estimate of about 750 interviews and 350 acceptances will be offered this year. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview at PCOM last November. It really went well...had the numbers, grades, experience, and clicked with the two interviewers. I've also lived along the East Coast all of my life. They told me I had everything to get in and was a great candidate. Apparently, it wasn't enough as the rejection four weeks later was one big slap in the face. My friend had an interview last month at PCOM. She is also from Philly, great personality, and had even higher stats than me. She got rejected too. I'm beginning to think these East Coast DO schools are all snobs.... What the hell is PCOM looking for? :confused:

Originally posted by kakooii723
What the hell is PCOM looking for? :confused:

Someone like me.

Ah hell...I will try to be positive here.

Each school has its own idea of the type of people they would like to have fill their class. An acceptance at one school has no bearing on your chances at another school. There are people who get accepted at the "top" DO schools and don't get an interview at other schools. There are people who get accepted at MD schools and fail to get interviews at DO schools.

The methodology? Like I said, different for each school.

Best of luck.