PCOM rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TraumaDR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has NOT interviewed with PCOM received a rejection letter?? Hope is slowly dwindling away.....

Members don't see this ad.

i havenot received anything from pcom yet. of course, i applied really really late. i hand delivered my secondary a week before the deadline. i've heard all kinds of rumors about different times of the month the ad com meets, but who really knows. how long ago did you apply? i think they interview thru april. keep me informed, good luck.

I applied very early. Have not heard a thing from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
just called the admissions office to check the status of my application. they said if i don't receive an interview invite by the end of march not to expect one. ugh.

that sucks!!! no interview!!!

true. but that won't stop me from checking my mailbox 3 times a day till the month is officially over.

I don't get it. I was asked for an interview or accepted at schools with much better numbers than PCOM, both my GPA and MCAT are above average there, and I'm IN-STATE. I haven't even received an interview with them. I don't know if I missed some sort of secret code that they look for in every application, but this is very surprising to me.

After being accepted at KCOM, I declined interviews at CCOM and UHS. I'm really at a loss for words regarding PCOM. Philly is a great city and all, but I don't understand why they would diss (no interview) someone like me from their own state. The only thing I can think of is that I applied really late - sent in my secondary around the middle of Feb.

Oh well, good luck to everyone still waiting - I'll withdraw my application in about a week if I don't hear regarding an interview. It's suppose to be bad news only after this week anyway (if I understood the secretaries correctly).

Yeah, I don't get it either. My stats aren't stellar, but above average for osteopathic schools. My intent going into the process was that I wanted to go d.o. over m.d, and only applied to many schools to increase my chances. Out of all the d.o. schools, only nova offered me an interview - they even said my essays were very strong with my commitment to osteopathy. How come I got several allo. interviews where the stats are more competitive? Oh well, i guess pcom and nycom are out of the question by now :(

This just goes to show how random this process can truly be. I thought I was shafted, well here is another one to make you scratch your head at. one of my classmates who is a penn. resident hasnt heard a thing from PCOM, but has already been accepted to Temple, Jeffereson, and has an upcoming interview at Drexel....hmmmm this process sounds a little fishy since I know she has higher stats than PCOM. I hope everyone is able to fullfill their dreams even if it doesnt include PCOM next year. GOOD LUCK! :)

I expect at least a rejection letter by May 15th.

If not, they can expect a phone call from me so I can personally tell them to kiss my ass for taking $150 of my money and time to fill out their application and they didn't have the professionalism to notify me within a reasonable time...

I held up my end and submitted my stuff before deadlines, I expect nothing less than that from them.

<---waiting since AUGUST to hear from them

Reactions: 1 user
I fully agree with homer. I also have yet to receive a rejection letter from PCOM. It is unbelievable that PCOM cannot at least treat us with some respect. AZCOM in my opinion was equally as rude, even though they did eventually send me a rejection letter. I really do not understand why PCOM cannot treat us with a little bit of dignity that we deserve. Schools like these only confirm and reestablish those "old" views that they are high and mighty and we applicants are dispensible. I don't know how many times I told myself that they need us as much as we need them, but the actions of PCOM and schools like it make that very hard to believe. I am sorry but we have all worked very hard to get to the point of even applying for medical school, and that in itself deserves respect. Furthermore, our application money alone demands some sort of answer. I truly did expect more from medical school, especialy osteopathic ones.