PCOM rotation sites. PCOM vs CCOM, too.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliquesh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello,

I was wondering what the 3rd year rotations are like at PCOM? I have seen the list of affiliated hospitals, but I don’t really know how to judge them. I guess I’d like to know, is it realistically possible to do ALL 3rd and 4th year rotations at large hospitals or medical centers that accept residents?

Also, in general, how do PCOM's sites compare to those of CCOM and NYCOM?

Thanks for any insight, and I have looked at the PRO's and CON's page, but it didn't really address this question.

SenseiDoc19

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what the 3rd year rotations are like at PCOM? I have seen the list of affiliated hospitals, but I don’t really know how to judge them. I guess I’d like to know, is it realistically possible to do ALL 3rd and 4th year rotations at large hospitals or medical centers that accept residents?

Thanks for any insight, and I have looked at the PRO's and CON's page, but it didn't really address this question.

bump

medhacker

We can end world poverty!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Most yes. Maybe one or two that most likely you will need to fulfill at an office (i.e. Fam/OMM) and keep in mind PCOM uses a lottery system for core rotation assignment, such that where you will train will depend on the roll of the dice.

Hard to know without attending both places.