Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

PCOM secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by rpames, Oct 24, 2002.

1. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    So I get the secondary request from PCOM the other day and the letter starts out: "Dear Future Physisian,..."

How awful is the that? I'm not really upset or anything, but what a way to get applicants hopes up. It is only a secondary request. Maybe if they were sending you an acceptance letter that would make sence but not this early in the process. It is probable just a way to get application money.

Oh well.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I thought it was great.

Helps give you some confidence.

Maybe you should have as much confidence in yourself as the letter has in you.

Best of luck and congrats on making the choice to apply to PCOM.

Best decision of my life.

4. Chisel

Chisel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

JP makes a good point. Be excited that they feel that you have what it takes to become a physician.

If you're filling out the application, I assume that you are going to be a physician sooner or later (either as a graduate of PCOM or another school). I would not look negatively into the opening line of the letter, but rather take some confidence in knowing that you are a future physician.

I think this should give you an indication of what PCOM is really like. They look at us as "Doctors from day one."

:clap:

PCOM is awesome.

5. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

PCOM WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!! I AM DYING FOR AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

6. Chagas

Chagas Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Quit your whining and fill out the secondary so us upperclassmen can spend your app $$! Thousands of people applying to med school don't even get secondaries let alone one to PCOM. If you're lucky enough to be granted an interview let us know so we can come into the admissions office and lay the smack down on you!! If Dr. Bezilla was still around he'd find the Nature Boy (Whoooooooh) and good ol' Dusty Rhoads to complement the beating!

7. djjj08

djjj08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh:
    funniest post for a day:laugh:

8. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Like I said in my first post, I'm not upset or anything, I just think it funny that they address it that way so early.

Perhaps I'm just bitter because my MCAT was pathetic and I'm not even filling out any secondaries this year. Now before you all tell me to just go for it, my MCAT was awful. I know people get worse, but they don't get in either. Between my MCAT and my lower GPA it is not even worth trying. I know all to well the facts of what it takes to get in and realisticly it is not going to happen this time around. I'm not giving up, just putting it off a year.

Funny post Chagas.:laugh:

Is you screen name in referance to Chagas' Diseases caused by T. cruzi?

9. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Let's hear the numbers.

10. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I'm sorry, but my numbers are not going to be posted. They are pathetic. I'm one of those guys that works his butt off and rarely pulls an A and has trouble keeping aways from those C's.

I do research at DMU and talk to my supervising prof. and he said (in a nice way) that the scores were not horrific, but it would be VERY difficult to get in. That, with my GPA, it truly is not going to happen this time around. I'm applying to OD school and just took the OAT last weekend so we will see where that goes. My dad is an OD so it really is a more logical choice. I'm just taking it one step at a time.