PCOM students...

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by RawkusMD, May 8, 2008.

1. RawkusMD

RawkusMD gloomy

Resident [Any Field]
    Who did you choose as your Stafford Loan lender and why? Thanks for the help.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JonnyG

JonnyG IN the hospitals....

Resident [Any Field]
    unfortunately the best lender dropped out, northstar. Just make sure the lender doesn't charge an origination fee and then they are pretty much all the same.

4. RawkusMD

RawkusMD gloomy

Resident [Any Field]
    That's what I thought. Thanks for being the lone responder!

5. DrHoffy

DrHoffy Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Total Higher Education (Northstar) is again taking apps according to their website, however there are some restrictions. Check it out again and see if you qualify.
    M

6. WestcoastMedicine

WestcoastMedicine Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    PCOM had some sort of partnership/association with Wachovia in the past and most students I know just used them since they had no added fees. Unfortunately, this year that is no longer an option.

7. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    It's all the same... some drop origination fees but have a higher interest rate... others have origination fees but not much of a decreased interest rate. It's a crapfest... I think I used EdAmerica last year... luckily for me, this year I don't have to deal with that crap. AF baby! Uncle Sam... of course now I owe him my soul.

Oh if you're living on your own, have to pay for medical insurance, rent, utilities, and food/toiletries/etc and are living on City Line... you better take out near or @ the max amount, ~59-60k. I'm not super frugal but I don't go out very often, and I run out of money by the end of every trimester paying for those things. You can always pay extra money back.