PCOM vs NSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmdmojo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
While the basic science is almost the same, which school rotates at better hospitals? Which insitution fills more competetive residencies?
And forget comparing the weather and girls of south fl.

Members don't see this ad.

That's a great question. I have been trying to figure that out. I have been accepted to both PCOM and NSU, and they both look good.

I mean PCOM has great affilations around Philly, but I don't think they are at the best hospitals in Philly. I think Penn CHOP and Temple are probably the best, and there are limited rotations in these places. However, I have talked to many PCOM students and they say there rotations are amazing.

I'm not familiar with Florida all to much

Are you near Ft. Lauderdale. What do you think of the hospitals

TTYL
AK :p

i am familiar with ft. lauderdale cause i grew up there. The hospitals are ok, I guess. None are University type hospitals. The Memorial system may be the best of all the hospitals. But NOVA has nothing like Jackson UM( a big teaching hospital with tons of pathology). Does PCOM rotae in the big hospitals of philly? Like in center city? Do they rotate with the MDs?

3rd year PCOM students DO NOT rotate at CHOP or Temple, unless you set up an elective their. Yes, we work with many MD's. 3rd year most of the cardiology rotations are at home. the rest of them it is a pretty even split between home and away, defined as something thing a 50 mile radius from school. Away housing is provided the vasr majority of the time. For the Philly rotations, it depends on the clerkship obviously, as to what you will get - ie peds/fp more office based - surg hospital based. We have assloads of sites around Philly - hospitals like Parkview (ghetto), MCP, Einstein, St. Agnes, Northeastern, etc.