Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by RDO, Dec 17, 1999.

1. RDO

RDO Member

I called PCOM to make sure my app was complete since I haven't heard from them. They said they never received my 2ndary. I guess it got lost in the mail since I mailed it months ago. Anyway, I've been called for interviews at other places, many of which I really liked but haven't heard from yet. I've already been accepted at UMDNJ-SOM and somebody told me that NYCOM, UMDNJ and PCOM "talk" (so maybe PCOM would not want me so bad for an interview right off the bat). I was thinking about asking for another 2ndary, filling it out and seeing what happens.

Does anyone think I have a good chance applying so late? Is PCOM worth going through all this again? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Linda

Linda Member

That's a real bum deal. First of all if you wrote a check, make sure it wasn't cashed - if it was maybe they lost your app. I not accusing the office of any negligence but we are all people and things happen. If it really was lost, I would expain to them nicely what happened and ask them for a new packet. Of course if your happy with where you have already been accepted than save your money - you'll need it next year.

As far as the schools "talking" to one another, I don't know. I interviewed at all three and was wait listed and only accepted to PCOM. Who knows.

Good luck!

4. justwannabadoc

justwannabadoc Senior Member

Didn't you make a copy of your secondary application? If not, you MUST do so in case something like this happens again. Why waste time waiting for another secondary to arrive and then filling it out over again when you can just send in a photocopy? It sound like you didn't do this since you said you were thinking about requesting another secondary and then filling it out.

Linda also brings up another good idea. SEND A CHECK whenever you have to submit the application fee. If you have a cashed check, it's pretty good proof that they received it and simply lost your application. If this happens, be polite and simply state that your check was cashed and so you know your stuff was received by them. Don't accuse them of being incompetent even though they might be.

So, if you want to go to PCOM, ask for another secondary and this time, please make a photocopy and send a check.

5. RDO

RDO Member

Hey, Guess What? PCOM called me back today to tell me that they had some computer glitch and that they really did have all my application materials! I'm still in the running. I wish I had called earlier. I think they just realized the error when I called today and then sent it all to the committee for review. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. If anyone else is still waiting to hear about an interview for PCOM, I would call. I wasn't told how widespread this computer problem is. Good Luck!