PCOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick O

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around this forum too much lately since moving back to PA. Does anybody know about movement for PCOM's waitlist.... I have been patiently waiting for 4 months and to my knowledege no one is off the waitlist yet... I have heard from a PCOM student that has a friend on the waitlist that there was movement expected over the next couple of days...(i got her email last thursday... but with the holiday and everything didn't expect much movement until this week)...

In the letter that I recieved about being put on the waitlist it said as soon as a position opens up a waitlister will be notified.... I THINK NOT!.... since no one is off it yet according to the admissions office. Doesn't surprise me since the letter apperaed to be a paste and cut since it said I was applying to the class of 2004. Is a batch acceptance a normal thing for PCOM to do this late in the process?.... It still is a little over a month until PCOM's orientation... so that's good i guess but the position I accepted at LECOM as a backup is rapidly approaching... I think they start Aug 4th or something....
Things are really starting to get interesting..... Carol Fox! Please call!

Birdman, by the way congrats on the acceptance.... it gives me great hope for PCOM.... I would take you up on your roomate offer if I knew PCOM was a bust but otherwise I just can't commit yet... which sucks .... because I just want to know one way or another to make some concrete plans...
I would be leaving my girlfriend of over 5 years who is going to school in philly if I didn't get into PCOM and decided to go to LECOM ... It is a major factor for me choosing PCOM as my first choice.
A long distance relationship for four years of school would be very difficult I suppose under those circumstances... let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyway,
To all those getting off of the waitlist congratulations! I hope I will be able to give you guys some good news soon!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pat

Members don't see this ad.

wow I just realized I'm a senior member now! :D

HEY PAT, HANG IN THERE MAN. i ALSO HAVE HEARD THAT MOVEMENT AT PCOM WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. I WISH YOU LUCK WITH GETTING IN AND WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND. I LIVE IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF PHILA. AND HAVE BEEN WITH MY GIRLFRIEND FOR 2 YEARS. SHE STILL HAS 1 YEAR LEFT IN COLLEGE AND I AM LEAVING FOR ERIE FOR A LONG HARD 4 YEARS. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR IN FOR. ITS TOUGH BUT IT CAN BE DONE, I'LL MAKE SURE OF THAT! GOOD LUCK AND IF THE WORST HAPPENS AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO LECOM, GIVE ME A BUZZ AT HOME 215-357-4436 OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected] I'M GOING TO GO LOOK AT PLACES NEXT WEEKEND SO WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. LATER MAN

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with PCOM. I am starting there in the fall. If I hear anything about the list I'll be sure to post it.
Alicia

I called PCOM on Friday... and finally got in contact with an admissions counselor. She said that no one has gotten off the waitlist yet because there hasn't been withdrawls off the original admits to make a slots available for the alternates. Is it possible that no one will come off the alternate list at PCOM. I seen in other posts at othert schools... both M.D. and D.O. that almost a third come from the waitlist. This is thoroughly driving me nuts. I am gonna call tommorrow and ask to have a meeting with an admissions counselor at PCOM to discuss my options. Anyone out there that is holding onto their acceptance at PCOM and doesn't want to go there, please give it up already.

Pat
(PCOM or LECOM class of 2005?)
:confused: