PDA medical books - Where to find?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepydoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use electronic versions of medical texts on their PDA on a regular basis?

I used to use a version of the Washington Manual back in the day on my old Palm... are there companies that produce quality texts/information for the handheld computers at a reasonable price anymore?

If so, can you post a ideas of sites to visit and places to look? any site better than others?

thanks for any info!

sleepydoc

Members don't see this ad.

sleepydoc said:
Does anyone here use electronic versions of medical texts on their PDA on a regular basis?

I used to use a version of the Washington Manual back in the day on my old Palm... are there companies that produce quality texts/information for the handheld computers at a reasonable price anymore?

If so, can you post a ideas of sites to visit and places to look? any site better than others?

thanks for any info!

sleepydoc

I don't know about med texts, but references are available (you probably already know this). Check tucows.com

Try to go on the Elsevier site. They have alot of books that come with PDA programs with some of their texts.

Check out the OSLER MEDICAL HANDBOOK 2006 with bonus handheld software, it is a great resource. The site is www.elsevierhealth.com

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
sleepydoc said:

thanks for any info!

sleepydoc

There are a couple available at biovere.com. I don't know how they compare, I just noticed while shopping for textbooks. Good luck!