PDA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckent

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with a few programs on my PDA. I have no trouble downloading these programs, and when I check my memory (Using MS Gate or just by going to see whcih programs I can delete) it's present; but I can't find where to execute these programs on my PDA (it doesn't create an icon for them). Some examples of these programs are that they are listed in MS gate under funny titles like 4cjb files, CTX1 file, etc. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a clie i'm assuming.

Had the same problem. You can get a program called Launcher III which allows you to see programs on the memory stick as long as they are in the launcher directory. Launcher III is a good replacement for the main application screen also.

Or another solution (better in my opinion) is to download either PiDirect II, MSMount, or another program (power...something or another) that allows you to create directories on the memory stick and will fool the clie into thinking those directories are part of the main memory. good luck!

I do have exactly the same problems as ckent is talking. WHERE can we get these programs you are talking about???

Also, I can transfer my Reader on the memory stick, but then I can't use the Reader books transfered. Can somebody help me please.

+pissed+ JP

Try www.palmblvd.com or maybe www.palmgear.com and look for MSMount (that one's free). With reader, your programs need to be in the /palm/launcher directory on your memory stick (or in main memory) in order for reader to read them. Or they can be in any directory as long as it is "mounted" to the main memory with MSMount.