pda software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbaek

One day at a time....
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i recently got a sony ux50 and i was planning to use it for my classes, esp. ochem. I want to be able to take notes and draw diagrams and incorporate them into my .doc files. does anyone know what's good freeware out there? (this thread should probably belong in the tech section somewhere, but I need recommendations from real ochem students, former or present)

Members don't see this ad.

why go through all of the hassle? just put your ochem notes in your trusty old spiral notebook like everyone else and avoid the hassle of trying to incorporate the info into your .doc files. i love technology - don't get me wrong - but there is definitely a time and place for it. OChem class is not included in my opinion.

I had a roommate like this in college. He wouldn't buy things for a purpose - he would buy things and then try to find a purpose for them...it's a subtle difference. He tried to apply his PDA to every aspect of his life - we had arguments about how useful a PDA could be (needless to say, I was the victor).

VPDcurt said:
why go through all of the hassle? just put your ochem notes in your trusty old spiral notebook like everyone else and avoid the hassle of trying to incorporate the info into your .doc files. i love technology - don't get me wrong - but there is definitely a time and place for it. OChem class is not included in my opinion.

I had a roommate like this in college. He wouldn't buy things for a purpose - he would buy things and then try to find a purpose for them...it's a subtle difference. He tried to apply his PDA to every aspect of his life - we had arguments about how useful a PDA could be (needless to say, I was the victor).

I agree with this. Why bother with the pda? It seems unnecessary and like you're making things more complicated than they need to be. Just write everything in a notebook like most people do.