SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PDF Files - Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by medical22, Sep 30, 2001.

1. medical22

medical22 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2001
    Can you please tell me how to save something on acrobat reader? A few of the secondary applications that I need to fill out were sent to me as pdf files through e-mail. I downloaded them, filled them out, and saved them, but then when I went back to them, all the text I typed in wasn't there. Please tell me how to save it? Thank you!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. old lady

old lady Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    I am trying to do the same thing. Can anyone help?
  4. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2001
    I assume since you are writing in it, you are in Acrobat Writer. Instead of downloading it, you must right-click, "Save Target As..." and then save it. I think to work on it, you must open it separately from your files, not just download it. If you have saved it to your computer, it should now be there for you to work on at your convenience. Hope that helps because I am not very tech savvy myself. :)
  5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2001
    Acrobrat reader doesn't have the save functionality. You can write in pdf files with it, but you can't save them. In order to obtain the save functionality you need Adobe Acrobat 4.0. Costs $$$$. Just type up your responses in MSWord, copy, paste, and print. Save the word file as a copy of your secondary.