PE is booked out till late September. Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohmanwaddup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current 3rd year. I did not think I was putting off scheduling, but maybe I was wrong. Tried to purchase it today and was unable too do to their being no dates till September.

Am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Current 3rd year. I did not think I was putting off scheduling, but maybe I was wrong. Tried to purchase it today and was unable too do to their being no dates till September.

Am I screwed?
I expected that since 75% of current 4th years haven't taken it, and some will inevitably start residency without it and take it during pgy1. So things will definitely be backed up for our class as well. You can’t be screwed, we're all in the same boat. PDs will probably have to make an exception next year too for people without a PE just like they did it this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Just for some perspective, only 1 (yes, one) 4th year student has taken the PE at my COM per our admin. We're all getting residency interviews without it. Most of us will be physicians before we have to take it if the NBOME doesn't change their tune. So i'm sure you'll be fine too. Weird times but we're in it together.

Also, I'm currently scheduled to take mine in September 2021, 4 months after I graduate. Thriving.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Am I screwed?
Lol my school hasn’t even enabled us to schedule to take it on the nbome website yet, I doubt your the only one in this problem..

Reactions: 1 users
Do PEs traditionally open up more spots and dates like the MCAT?