Peace and Harmony

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrinalini

bAbYRoAcH
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,
I dont know if i should start a new thread, for this but I have done it anyway because I have I have a few things to say that i feel very strongly about.
I have been a regular reader of SDN for many months now and it used to be a friendly place, we helped each other, fought a bit, but it was all very civilised and cultured. We never resorted to cheap criticism, and culturally antagonistic discussions. Religion or nationality was never an issue and all of us were equals regardless of whether we are indians or not. In fact when i first joined the forum, indians were a minority. At that time no one made me feel unwelcome because i was Indian. I dont think this practice of inclusiveness needs to change just because there are more indians now than there were before. In fact most indians are extremely friendly and tolerant, we may be a little loud and noisy , and we may speak with funny accents but we are good people. We should not let a few people spoil that.

I used to look forward to reading SDN every morning, but now I open the forum with apprehension, wondering who will be flamed, which new troll has decided to create unwanted havoc. The whole process leaves a bitter taste.
I know that freedom of expression is very important and there are no restrictions on what you can say. But this freedom comes with responsibility, and it is upto all of us to exercise that responsibilty diligently. There will be moments when people get you so mad, that you want to react. I did and i wish i had not done so. What i should have remembered was that unpleasant people thrive on reactions like mine, and I was unintentionally feeding it.

So I request everyone to ignore inflammatory comments and culturally insensitive posts, because the posters do so to get reactions from the people they insult. Dont give them the pleasure of getting a reaction, they are not worth your attention.

Inspite of all this some people may succeed in creating ill will and this is where the moderator should step in. I humbly request henna to be more proactive and nip any potential troll in the bud.This will help maintain peace on this forum and continue to make it one of the best places for International dentists to gain information.
I hope I have not offended anybody. An excerpt from a song i love by the Black eyed peas.

"But if you only have love for your own race
Then you only leave space to discriminate
And to discriminate only generates hate
And when you hate then you're bound to get irate, yeah
Madness is what you demonstrate
And that's exactly how anger works and operates
Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight
Take control of your mind and meditate
Let your soul gravitate to the love, y'all, y'all
Father, Father, Father help us
Send some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)
Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love (The love)
Where is the love
The love, the love":horns:

Members don't see this ad.

I hope everyone is listining mrinalini .As if you were in my mined .You just said what I wanted to say,...........honestly (some people made me loos my enthusiasm for SDN)

Hope this helps .

Attachments

• 3199.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.