Pearson Practice Test scores- someone judge this please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newtothisPharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Persian Practice test- 2008, and scored

Verbal 75%
Chem 85%
Bio 88%

I took them section by section, timed. but I have not done RC or QR yet

how does this look?!?!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

good job, you will probably get a a little above or below the percentile ranges they gave you.

It would be more accurate if you took them back to back the way you will have to on the actual exam.

I did verbal, bio and chem back to back but stopped...
i have another practice test, the may 2010 which i will also do today

pcat is TMRO! uhhhhhhhhhhhm!!!

i just did the reading- 90...
see i dont know if these actually mean anything
im new to this all
and im not just having SDNitis. someone please let me know how pearson tests compare

Members don't see this ad :)
i just did the reading- 90...
see i dont know if these actually mean anything
im new to this all
and im not just having SDNitis. someone please let me know how pearson tests compare

I think getting 90 percentile on reading is very good. I took may 2010 pearson test the day before my PCAT and ended up scoring very similar (slightly higher) on the real thing.

do schools care only about your composite? becuase I'm sure QR will bring me down.
You mean QA?

They look at all of your scores, IMO the scores that are most important are Chem, Bio, and QA. A high composite can get their attention for sure, just be ready to explain the low score if they ask (and they probably will, especially if you aren't lacking in other areas).

Am I the only one who noticed that the OP said 'Persian practice test'? That made my morning :)

Am I the only one who noticed that the OP said 'Persian practice test'? That made my morning :)

yea im persian woops lol
my mind was in a million and one places i swear
anyhow
i didnt do that great on the pcat as my practice exams... so MAJORLY bLOWN:mad::(

yea im persian woops lol
my mind was in a million and one places i swear
anyhow
i didnt do that great on the pcat as my practice exams... so MAJORLY bLOWN:mad::(

Uh, yeah. You need to take your nervousness down about 5 notches. PCAT is not heavily looked upon as many people say. It is ONE of the determining factors that can be a potential benefit if you score well and are borderline GPA.

What most school do look at is your GPA and how you have done in your science classes. You can get a 99 composite but still be rejected if there are significant weak areas in your application.

My suggestion to you is to try your best and don't freak out if you get a 70 or something. Once you are in pharmacy school, it is about 10 times harder than undergrad, and spazzing won't really help.

Last edited:
Uh, yeah. You need to take your nervousness down about 5 notches. [...]

My suggestion to you is to try your best and don't freak out if you get a 70 or something. Once you are in pharmacy school, it is about 10 times harder than undergrad, and spazzing won't really help.

:thumbup: +1

OP, really... Calm down. Freaking out about the test "TMRO" is just going to make you more likely to be upset while you're taking it and do more poorly than you would have. It's often repeated advice, but still applicable here: sleep the night before, don't try to cram your head too full the day of, and TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

To answer the implied question, I found the practice tests Pearson offered to be well worth the money - better than several of the books I picked up. I felt much more comfortable at the actual test having simulated the timing and solitude during the practice tests.

I was beginning to get nervous because a couple of the books I was testing from had VERY poorly written questions I was consistently getting wrong. So, at that point - is it the book consistantly full of fail, or me? Taking the practice tests & scoring well (better than I thought) made me realize I am prepared and it's the books. :rolleyes:

I felt like an old hand when I walked into the room. Shoot, I burned a few minutes on the verbal section adjusting the chair! :laugh:

Anyway - to the OP & anyone else still needing to take the test - good luck!