Pedi Anes Fellowship & Board Cert

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canukmd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently interviewing/applying for my Pedi Anes fellowship. With all the talk of future board cert requirements for pedi I'm wondering how this will affect those with fellowships obtained north of the border (i.e. Sick Kids in Toronto, McGill etc.)

Considering my fellowship in Toronto but wonder if getting my fellowship anywhere but the US will make it harder (or maybe impossible) to be grandfathered in or ineligible to take any board cert exams?

Any thoughts or insight?

txs.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently interviewing/applying for my Pedi Anes fellowship. With all the talk of future board cert requirements for pedi I'm wondering how this will affect those with fellowships obtained north of the border (i.e. Sick Kids in Toronto, McGill etc.)

Considering my fellowship in Toronto but wonder if getting my fellowship anywhere but the US will make it harder (or maybe impossible) to be grandfathered in or ineligible to take any board cert exams?

Any thoughts or insight?

txs.

The future of peds BC is not at all clear. From what I've heard, no one outside peds wants it to happen. But even if it does happen, I don't think it follows that being grandfathered will matter. Good training will be recognized regardless.