Pediatric Neuropsychologist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baloo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to find how much a pediatric neuropsychologsit makes in a clinical setting, ie. hospital. Does anyone know? Please help me, I'm very curious!

Thanks. Good Luck this semester!

Baloo

Members don't see this ad.

Here are the results from Sweet et al, 2003 in the Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology. I have no real reason to believe that age was a major variable unless you did a good deal of Medicaid and that averaged 10-12% across all respondents. This survey is up again in 2008, so we should get new numbers. I'll post it when I get it. There is a wealth of other useful data in it as well.

"Respondents were asked to provide their gross professional income from all sources as a psychologist, rounded to the nearest thousand. Of the total sample, 1,406 individuals provided income information. Of these, there were 1,164 who could be classified as working full-time as licensed doctoral psychologists with at least some active involvement in clinical practice. This latter sample had a mean income of $104,132, with a median income of $83,000. The large difference between mean and median indicates the lack of normal distribution of incomes. Also, the large standard deviation of $76,288 and the extremely large range of $6,200–$980,000 were concerning. Therefore, the 1st and 99th percentiles were identified ($20,000 and $400,000, respectively) and 20 individuals outside of these limits were excluded from further income analyses on the basis of being statistical outliers. The resulting gross average income was $100,480, with a median income of 83,000 and standard deviation of $57,767.

Stratifications of income in Table 11 depict the frequency distribution among the respondents. Approximately 70% of the respondents have incomes between $60,000 and $160,000. Approximately 75% reported incomes below $120,000, 95% of individuals reported incomes of $240,000 or less, and 98% reported income of $296,000 or less."