SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

pediatric residencies

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by Luv2Golf, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Luv2Golf

Luv2Golf 2+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    So I am getting ready to start dental school in the fall and am interested in pediatrics. I know it is a long ways away, but my question is; what is the benefit of doing a 3 yr residency and getting a masters compared to doing a 2 yr residency and getting a certificate in pediatrics? Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dentalman

dentalman Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 10, 2004
    If you want to go into academics or public health, the masters is helpful. If you want to be in private practice, it doesn't matter.

4. ItsGavinC

ItsGavinC Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Arizona
    Ditto what was said (in case you were questioning his response). :D

Some really appreciate the research aspect of dentistry, but most don't.

5. SHAMA

SHAMA New Member 2+ Year Member

May 21, 2006
    hi,

I want to do dental residency program in pediatric dentistry.I am graduate from INDLA.
    I want to know what are the carrier opportunities after this program?your help is highly appreciated.

6. Jaybe

Jaybe Lazy Tongs 7+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2006
    UPS, FedEx, DHL, and (if you are really in a pinch) the USPS all come to mind. . . Sorry, I couldn't resist.

7. LonestarYankee

LonestarYankee 2+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Knee deep in ankle-biters
    actually, there are a number of two-year programs which grant a masters. check out the aapd website, but a few that come to mind are indiana, ohio state, and baylor (technically an optional 27-month program versus 24 months for a certificate).

8. OMFSdoc

OMFSdoc Member 5+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2005
    You will do extremely well with a career in pediatric dentistry. They make a lot of money in the USA.