pediatric residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Luv2Golf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to start dental school in the fall and am interested in pediatrics. I know it is a long ways away, but my question is; what is the benefit of doing a 3 yr residency and getting a masters compared to doing a 2 yr residency and getting a certificate in pediatrics? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to go into academics or public health, the masters is helpful. If you want to be in private practice, it doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

I want to do dental residency program in pediatric dentistry.I am graduate from INDLA.
I want to know what are the carrier opportunities after this program?your help is highly appreciated.

hi,

I want to do dental residency program in pediatric dentistry.I am graduate from INDLA.
I want to know what are the carrier opportunities after this program?your help is highly appreciated.

UPS, FedEx, DHL, and (if you are really in a pinch) the USPS all come to mind. . . Sorry, I couldn't resist.

So I am getting ready to start dental school in the fall and am interested in pediatrics. I know it is a long ways away, but my question is; what is the benefit of doing a 3 yr residency and getting a masters compared to doing a 2 yr residency and getting a certificate in pediatrics? Thanks.

actually, there are a number of two-year programs which grant a masters. check out the aapd website, but a few that come to mind are indiana, ohio state, and baylor (technically an optional 27-month program versus 24 months for a certificate).

hi,

You will do extremely well with a career in pediatric dentistry. They make a lot of money in the USA.