Pedo Applicants 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thx for the info

Members don't see this ad.

Got my first rejection letter (email) from children's hospital of Pittsburg. No hard feelings. Glad things are moving forward. Good luck guys!

Got my first rejection letter (email) from children's hospital of Pittsburg. No hard feelings. Glad things are moving forward. Good luck guys!

Keep your head up!

I did not get an interview or a rejection from them. Interesting.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah....I got my "Dear John" letter from CO the other day. Oh well & I am still hopeful

Do all schools send out rejection letters? This waiting is making me nuts!!!

Do all schools send out rejection letters? This waiting is making me nuts!!!
I don't think so. There are several on the interview list that I applied to and I haven't heard anything from. Assuming I am rejected but they don't have time to email everyone.

Are there no updates on interviews?! I thought this week would be busy with posts!!

I know!! I'm dying over here! Post them if you've got them!

So LMC Brooklyn does not offer interviews this cycle. Closing down the program. Think I can ask for my money back from PASS? Anyone else wonders about this?

So LMC Brooklyn does not offer interviews this cycle. Closing down the program. Think I can ask for my money back from PASS? Anyone else wonders about this?

Have you contacted PASS? I applied there too..I want my money back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow..I thought LMC Brooklyn was a major site for the program. I read similar things about Bangor a few years back. Can't understand why wld they be closing programs down

Is anyone available to switch dates for the Montefiore interview with me? I am currently scheduled for 11/19 (Thurs) and was hoping to change it to 11/11 (Wed) or 11/12 (Thurs). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Have you contacted PASS? I applied there too..I want my money back!

Ok guys, I called PASS today. The person picked up was surprised and called over his supervisor. Sounded like they didn't know. The supervisor told me he needed to report this to his boss and come up with a plan. He said he would email me about possibly getting a refund.

You guys should call too. Technically they didn't process our application, and if anything, PASS/ADEA should have known before we do. Hopefully we can get our money back. With this application/interview/moving process, every dollar counts :D

Hey everyone, I'm sure this is a long shot, but:

Would anyone interviewing at DC Children's National on either November 16th or 20th be willing to switch with me and go on December 4th instead?

Thanks, and good luck to all.

Is anyone thinking about canceling on their 11/2 University of Washington interview? If so, please give me a heads up via personal message! I'm on the alternate list and would love a chance to go. Thanks!

Baby T : Did u get a email saying you are on a wait list? I haven't heard nothing from them yet

Me either. I was curious about that too at UW.

So I was offered an interview and originally booked the October date. Then a conflict came up and I wanted to move to their November date. But at the time, the November date was already full. So they told me that I'd be on the back up list if someone cancelled. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone :)

Oh ok , I thought they had a wait list like how they did during dental school interviews. Good luck Ace it

hey guys. I got an interview from Tufts dental school. I was wondering if someone can tell me his/her experience about the interview at Tufts. do you guys know what they will ask in interview?

So I was offered an interview and originally booked the October date. Then a conflict came up and I wanted to move to their November date. But at the time, the November date was already full. So they told me that I'd be on the back up list if someone cancelled. Hope that helps! Good luck everyone :)

Wish I had known you wanted to switch interview dates. The Oct date would have worked out great for me! Did you end up going to the interview?

Anyone know where I can find good info on the different programs? I saw one thread that had a few programs reviewed, but it didn't touch on all of the ones I am interested in. The info I seek could be on a forum or online, but I am just not finding true break downs. Of course all the residents told me they were really happy, so either that is a really good thing or they aren't unhappy enough to express these feelings during the interview sessions. I liked all of my interviews (residents, programs, faculty/staff, cities) and I am feeling like I might have to draw names out of a hat to rank them. I don't want to pester programs with questions, especially about information they already presented during the interview. Any good threads I need to check out? Any good online resources (I am looking for more than what is posted online from the different sites for perspective candidates)? Any place to see how they hold up reputation wise?

Thank you!

Hey would anybody be able to switch their Columbia interview date with me? Mine is Dec 3rd in the am. I can do the 9th or the 10th. I would really appreciate it!!

Can someone give me a little feedback on the interview at Buffalo? Is it relaxed or intense, panel or one on one. I will appreciate any response. Thank you

Anyone else starting to think about their rank list? how do programs know our match number? Is it linked to our pass application?

So the ranking deadline is inching closer. What are the factors everyone is considering while ranking programs?

So the ranking deadline is inching closer. What are the factors everyone is considering while ranking programs?

Looks like we can't put in the rank list until 12/14, according to the Match site, right?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Not in a particular order:
1. Location (currently in an AEGD in a "small town" and looking for something bigger)- Also, the places I interviewed at places I could see myself setting up a practice, so that may be a benefit to a program!
2. Stipend (if you applied to both- will you have to take out loans?) I didn't want to have to add to my debt so I didn't apply to programs where I wouldn't be able to live off the stipend- though if I don't match who knows if that will have been a smart move
3. Vibe of program (can you see yourself getting along with the residents? What about the faculty? What about the clinic itself- new/updated/etc)
4. Strength of program (Is there one thing that sets it apart from the others? What is the didactic curriculum like? Research? Clinical? Outreach?) For example, I'm not sure that I would ever want to do an intense research project, so if that's heavily emphasized somewhere, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as another program that has a lot of clinical/private practice experience. Do you see yourself in academics? Public Health?
5. Alumni? Do they have a lot of alumni? This may not be as important as the rest of the points I mentioned, but there were a few programs I interviewed at that really emphasized how strong their alumni networks are- pediatric dentistry is a small world- all the connections of an alumni network may come in handy!

Helpful advice I got from an attending at an interview-- make a list of the following:
Must have (stipend, location, things to do, good residents etc)
Want (strong alumni, good vibe)
Absolutely Do Not Want (tuition/debt, far from family, etc)

Then make a column of the programs you interviewed at, then place check boxes in each of the categories- the one with the best score wins! lol. Some people who interviewed at 10+ schools may have a harder time differentiating between the top 5, but good luck! :)

Thanks pedo2015 , that is such valuable piece of advice, appreciate it !!

People sorry for the stupid question but when is the deadline for Peds Rank list submission, thanks in advance

People sorry for the stupid question but when is the deadline for Peds Rank list submission, thanks in advance

Opens TOMORROW (12/14)....

JANUARY 8, 2016

Final date for submission of applicant and program Rank Order Lists for Phase II of the Match for GPR, AEGD, OMS and PED positions.

5 more days till MATCH! I can't wait! Anyone with me? :soexcited:

5 more days till MATCH! I can't wait! Anyone with me? :soexcited:
Me! I'm nervous but so excited- I want to know NOW. Trying to stay busy this weekend to keep my mind off of it. I'm in an AEGD now and thinking I may coincidentally be "sick" if I don't match, so I can have my pity party alone and not take it out on my patients haha

Hehe, everday is so long. So glad Wed is over now. I have out of town friends visiting this weekend. Hope they keep me busy. If I don't match, I think I would definitely be "sick" on Monday. Hope the email comes early in the day?

Hehe, everday is so long. So glad Wed is over now. I have out of town friends visiting this weekend. Hope they keep me busy. If I don't match, I think I would definitely be "sick" on Monday. Hope the email comes early in the day?
Last year I got it at 8:10!

Omggggezzzzzz I matched !!!!!!! Hope everyone else did too