Pedo Externships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngmc27

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am interested in Pediatric Dentistry and I was wondering how one might go about getting an extership somewhere for Pedo. Any help you could give would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I am interested in Pediatric Dentistry and I was wondering how one might go about getting an extership somewhere for Pedo. Any help you could give would be great.

Email program directors or call the secretary where you may be interested in externing and inquire.

www.aapd.org/training

The University of Iowa has a 2 week internship in July every year. It's not really advertised much, but you fill out a short application, and talk to the prgram director. I did it last year and it was really cool. They let you treat some more difficult management cases, observe some OR cases with the current residents, and visit a couple of local private offices.

The AAPD website listed above has the contact info

I spoke with the department head of pediatrics at my dental school and he had a bunch of connections.