Pedo scope of practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in information on pedo. I was wondering, what exactly is the scope of practice for pedo?

I assume you aren't doing crowns, bridges, veneers, and endo right?

Members don't see this ad.

The scope of practice is age, and if a patient has special needs, your ability and comfort level in rendering the services becomes your scope.
I render all the procedures that you inquired about, not on a routine basis, because most of the patients I treat do not require care of that extent, but when they do I make sure they have the best treatment I can offer within my abilities and training received. I also had some extra advanced training beyond dental school prior to my peds residency

I am interested in information on pedo. I was wondering, what exactly is the scope of practice for pedo?

I assume you aren't doing crowns, bridges, veneers, and endo right?

Behavior Management: Tell show do, Positive Reinforcement, Distraction...

Trauma: I saw a patient yesterday that fell down while walking with a stick. He experienced Trauma to #9 which had a lateral luxation and needed to have the tooth repositioned and splinted.

Restorative Dentistry: SSC/ Pulp, Alloys, Composites,

Oral Surgery: EXT pf primary teeth. 4 Bicuspid extractions for Ortho, Mesiodens

Orthodontics: Mainly interceptive Orhto, but some people offer comprehensive Ortho

Conscious Sedations

Hospital dentistry: Full Mouth Rehabilitation

The scope of Pedo is pretty good. If I ever get bored of Pedo I will start taking CE for Ortho.