Pedo Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amalgamator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of stats are competitive for Pedo, in terms of GPA/class rank/board scores? Also, do most people who apply for pedo programs do research in dental school? I am currently a dental student and wondering what kind of GPA I should be maintaining and what board scores I should be shooting for. Is one C- going to kill my chances? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of stats are competitive for Pedo, in terms of GPA/class rank/board scores? Also, do most people who apply for pedo programs do research in dental school? I am currently a dental student and wondering what kind of GPA I should be maintaining and what board scores I should be shooting for. Is one C- going to kill my chances? Thanks!

1. Most pedo applicants don't do research.

2. Your actual GPA doesn't matter. Class rank and Part I scores are what are important. That one C- won't kill you (but don't make a habit of it). The higher your class rank the more interviews you will get.

3. A board score of above 90 will be best, but you can still get interviews with an 85. You won't get nearly as many as if you had scored a 90, but it is still doable.