• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Peds Cardio Surgeury

winstonm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 2, 2003
One of my professors at Sick Kids in Toronto did, if I can remember correctly, 5 yrs. general surgery, 3 yrs cardiac and 1 yr pediatric cardiac. I asked him if that's the norm and he said, "Well, you may be able to shorten it a bit, but you probably wouldn't get a very good job."

I know at Toronto, virtually every surgical resident is "strongly encouraged" to pursue a graduate degree as part of their training as the school's goal is to produce academic surgeons, so this can add to the time. But I don't know if this applies in the States as most if not all major centres here that do these types of procedures are attached to universities.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.