• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Peds residency interviews

Jaluv

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2003
NY
    I'm trying to plan my fourth year and was wondering how the interview process works - that is, do Peds programs interview over a particular couple months, or can an interview be anywhere from October to January/February? Is it feasible to take one month off for interviews and schedule all interviews in that one month?

Also, when's an ideal month to do an acting internship?

Pelivar

Brain donor
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 5, 2003
    Maryland
      Interviews typicaly start in early November and go till late January early February, but the majority of interviews are during December and January. Most people either take off December or January or else take a very easy and understanding elective that will let them interview whenever they want. It is easy to schedule all you interviews into one month. Some people prefer to spread out the interviews a bit because it gets tiring after while. Most of you rotations will let you take 2-3 days off for interviewing.

I would do a peds AI in July/August so that you have time to get a letter of rec from your attending and so that the grade will be on you transcript.

-P

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.